PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,416 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    My other package has turned up, this one fitted in the letter box, trouble is one never knows, especially seeing some of the on line stuff about A***n over packaging

Dinner now confirmed, grilled gammon steak, chips & eggs, and I've got one YS sausage roll left, so that may be "pud"

Sounds like the teacher is really struggling there FBZ.
    My son is a teacher and has had to step in to quell a class when young teachers are out of their depth, seems nothing like experience, as in most jobs
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Farway - I'm guessing your son maybe had an advantage in maintaining calm just from being a man (ie seen that bit differently by the pupils)?

My father was a teacher latterly for some years - and he used to just walk into a troublesome class and Peace Descended. I tend to think a lot of it was down to him being a man and a tall one at that, with his ex-military bearing.

I don't know how much of it was down to the fact that it emerged the pupils realised he genuinely likes children and so there was an element of them reacting positively to that as well I guess.
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Experience pays dividends in the classroom, that's for sure! At one point, the poor teacher was standing at the door, watching one of the boys do a runner across the playground... The rest of the class are sitting idly on the carpet... So I had to step in at that point and do some maths. But first it's "Everyone sit on their bottoms. Don't flap your hands, and don't make gasping noises at me!" Sure enough, they all did just that. It's not actually hard, but this young teacher has got herself in a state where she can't even manage the basics.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • Farway
    Options
    Farway - I'm guessing your son maybe had an advantage in maintaining calm just from being a man (ie seen that bit differently by the pupils)?

My father was a teacher latterly for some years - and he used to just walk into a troublesome class and Peace Descended. I tend to think a lot of it was down to him being a man and a tall one at that, with his ex-military bearing.

I don't know how much of it was down to the fact that it emerged the pupils realised he genuinely likes children and so there was an element of them reacting positively to that as well I guess.

I think you are correct, he is over 6 feet, and looks like he could take any teenager who fancied trying it on, plus he insists on being called Mister, he says he's their teacher not their mate
    And all mobiles are turned off in his class room, & instantly confiscated if used, beep etc in class

That said I know he does care about them and is not just 9 to 4 or whatever hours schools work these days

Dinner eaten, the eggs turned into cheese omelette, seemed an easy option
    One gammon steak left to "use up", may be CFO rinse & repeat tomorrow
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just had tea , chicken in tempura batter with fat potato wedges,with garlic mayo, a token tomato and onion on the side . The last of the cookies was eaten with a cuppa. I needed something simple after a mad busy day at work.
    It's my day off tomorrow, I have dgson as it's an inset day. Before working the weekend.
    So it'll be curry for tea, I had some lo from a takeaway in the freezer so I've taken those out, and may need to add to it.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend .
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    Morning all,

Mid-afternoon yesterday, a cold struck... :( I haven't had one for months and months, so I hope it doesn't hang around long! However, when I have a cold (or in fact, any illness), I get super-specific cravings! All I want is a carton of OJ and a meat-feast style pizza. I think it's the mixture of vitamins, and something fatty and carb-y. And I'm always of the view, that your body knows what it needs when it's under the weather, so I'll feed it accordingly.

I'll head off to school in the next 10 minutes... I wonder if my little lad will be here today? I'll be done at 12, so then I'll head over to Sainsburys. There's a Timpsons inside there, so I'll get a watch battery, then my pizza and OJ. I could do with getting petrol as well, but I'll get that from Tesco, which I also pass on the way home, because their petrol station is easier to navigate.

No tutoring tonight, which is good. It'll mean, once I'm home, I'm home. :)
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Still dieting - so nowt much to report food-wise. So lunch today, for instance, was just a couple of hard-boiled eggs and some toast. The height of interest - not!!:rotfl: I can now put on/do up 2 pairs of trousers with size 12 labels on them - but they aren't "comfortable" yet - so still at it - got to at least get down to the size where I would feel they were the appropriate size and buy them again.

Just had a bit of what I think should be Rather Good News here (no - it wasnt a lottery/premium bond and I'm about to move:cool:) - so a small bottle of champagne could well be merited at some point. Better not "count chickens yet" - but it's good odds I'll be due for that champagne soon:beer:
  • Farway
    Options
    All on tenterhooks now Money, hope it turns out well whatever it is

Glorious sunny warm day with a blue cloudless sky, a joy to be alive and able to be out in it

Into L's again, nowt special, again, at least I've now got more celery, whoopee

Lunch was another PB baguette, with ham & salady filling

Dinner, I've got one LO gammon steak but the day really cries out for salad, so I'll open a tin of salmon, I've not got a suitable spud to bake so chips it is, plus of course salad & still using my own tomatoes at present

Gardening consisted of taking some photos & picking some dried purple podded climbing bean pods to use for next year's seed
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Chicken salad for lunch. Aldi simple salad + the chargrilled chicken chunks. Dead healthy and really nice.

Not sure what for tea yet :) Maybe some more prawns although I feel prawned out at the moment :D
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    Afternoon!

I wasn't surprised when my lad at school didn't turn up again... I bet the school are kicking themselves, because they've had to pay for my services, when I wasn't needed.
    I got my bits from Sainburys (including petrol, because I was feeling "done" by that point) and was home by 1pm. Cooked the pizza for lunch, then had a nap.
    My cold is getting worse!! Thank God it's Friday!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business