PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    have a good sleep tonight farway, its all over

Its been a busy day, all photos done and most professionally too, EA is coming on friday to do the write up so I am not inclined to do the bedroom staging all over again, I will sleep in a spare bed with non-fancy bedding

EPC took some doing, he said they need proof of every single thing, I had to delve deep into other paperwork, I thought I had most photo copied but not quite. I am very glad all that is over. Still in show house mode until saturday and then, well I cannot let rip, what is the point, I would have to do it all over again in a few weeks. Very hard going, all this malarky and every house needs an epc for selling

Late lunch just now, braised lamb burger and various green veg. Getting my hair cut tomorrow and will treat myself to a thorners melton mowbrey pie, it has been quite a stressful few days
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Just had a :eek::eek: moment, opened one of the compost daleks to empty my food caddy and a mouse was scurrying about in it! :eek::eek:Thankfully not a rat but it will be getting well hosed later as apparently they don't like a soggy bottom:rotfl::rotfl:. I'm sure mice in the compost bins isn't a new thing but it is first time I've seen one, still these bins are as far away from the house as they can be.

:rotfl::rotfl:
    Last time I was emptying the compost bin and sieving the compost what I though was a lump of compost and picked up to break up was a toad :eek: I'm not sure who was more surprised :rotfl:

Hope you're recovering Farway :)

Temperature picking up again today after a nice cool start. Due to a meeting overrunning lunch was not until after 2pm and I ended up missing my walk and eating on the go, something I try to avoid but it has been happening a few times lately :cool:

Lunch was tuna and egg salad, dinner I'm not sure about I have to go out in a bit so it may end up as a snack when I get back at 9pm as that's too late for me to have a cooked meal.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

The EHC sounds like a bit of pain kittie but it will be worth it:)
    :eek::eek: re the toad Brambling, my son's gf's folks in Greece have a huge toad in their garden. It's been in their garden for yours and turns up in all sorts of places. It's massive (a ruler length wide) and quite tame (or rather not scared of humans) and makes no attempt to hide if folk are about.

I got an email today from one of the online butchers I use offering £20 off of a £50 spend if used today. Reckoned that was a good deal so I took the chance to stock up on the things I like from them. It comes on Friday so I'll be going into vac-pack overdrive. Although my freezers are quite full I've run out of some meats I use all the time so although an unplanned spend it will be worth it as the price works out much the same as higher welfare SM offer for a much better quality:)
    After being overcast/cool earlier it turned into a scorching afternoon so I had to wait until the sun had gone over to get anything done. I'm wabbit (tired) now as I manually watered all my flowers so I could give them a feed. Twelve large watering cans later.....I do hope they appreciate it:).
    The broccoli soup was really tasty - I had two mugs (smallish ones though) so no room for the melon & strawberries for pud afterwards.
    I picked courgettes, chard, runners & broad beans a wee while ago. The chard is soaking in some salted water to get rid of any beasties;). I've defrosted a small Italian sausage which I'll skin and cook in chunks with the veggies and have this with pasta.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good deal on the meat Caronc :D. The toad got put back carefully away from any felines :rotfl: they're good for the garden.

Dinner ended up as a steak and onion roll, the bread was lurking in the freezer and called to me :o it was a lovely piece of steak and cooked and seasoned just right :p no one can accuse me of being modest :rotfl:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    Options
    Boast away Brambling a decently cooked steak sandwich is to me a thing of deep joy:D
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I need to up my morning protein again, I think my hair is loosening again due to moving stress. Drat, breakfast is the hardest meal of the day, I am going to have to prep food the night before or leave the sardines out so I remember. I had a slice ot toast with peanut butter just now and am aiming for a salad with beans for lunch but I will add a hard boiled egg, which I might eat on its own when I come back from the hairdressers, so that protein is spread. I need to go to the allotment to pick veg but am going to freeze green cuc juices, I think they will work very well
  • caronc
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I was rudely woken around 5 by two squabbling magpies and couldn't get back over to sleep. It's a lovely sunny morning so thought I'd just get up and on with the day.:)I've showered including washing my hair, changed my bed and had breakfast so after a cuppa and a sit down for a bit I'm going to head into the garden with my snips before it gets too warm.
    Lunch is going to be a bagel with pastrami & tomato plus a mug of soup. Not sure about tonight, something easy as I have to trek out for a appointment with the nurse at 5pm so probably will be CBA when I get back. It's my first appointment with my new surgery so I'm not sure what to expect.
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Good evening everyone,

The EHC sounds like a bit of pain kittie but it will be worth it:)
    :eek::eek: re the toad Brambling, my son's gf's folks in Greece have a huge toad in their garden. It's been in their garden for yours and turns up in all sorts of places. It's massive (a ruler length wide) and quite tame (or rather not scared of humans) and makes no attempt to hide if folk are about.

I got an email today from one of the online butchers I use offering £20 off of a £50 spend if used today. Reckoned that was a good deal so I took the chance to stock up on the things I like from them. It comes on Friday so I'll be going into vac-pack overdrive. Although my freezers are quite full I've run out of some meats I use all the time so although an unplanned spend it will be worth it as the price works out much the same as higher welfare SM offer for a much better quality:)
    After being overcast/cool earlier it turned into a scorching afternoon so I had to wait until the sun had gone over to get anything done. I'm wabbit (tired) now as I manually watered all my flowers so I could give them a feed. Twelve large watering cans later.....I do hope they appreciate it:).
    The broccoli soup was really tasty - I had two mugs (smallish ones though) so no room for the melon & strawberries for pud afterwards.
    I picked courgettes, chard, runners & broad beans a wee while ago. The chard is soaking in some salted water to get rid of any beasties;). I've defrosted a small Italian sausage which I'll skin and cook in chunks with the veggies and have this with pasta.

Sorry but this made me chuckle as reminded me of a fella I used to know when he encountered a mouse he would SCREAM and jump on the highest thing handy, chair table etc. When one ran over his foot at the allotment the nearest highest thing was the Manure heap ,
    Slimming World at target
  • caronc
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    Sorry but this made me chuckle as reminded me of a fella I used to know when he encountered a mouse he would SCREAM and jump on the highest thing handy, chair table etc. When one ran over his foot at the allotment the nearest highest thing was the Manure heap ,
    :rotfl::rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am like that with spiders, or I was when I had someone else deal with it, now it is glass and cardboard but by the time I fetch them, spider disappears.

Sardines on cold toast eaten and 2 eggs hard boiling and then I am out to gather veg and make refreshing green drinks that I will freeze, if I can find some containers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback