PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had another of the pitta breads (just one left now) ... stuffed with one of the boiled eggs I made the other day ... and the end of the cheese .... and a squirt of salad cream.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »

Caron, I suddenly realised yesterday about the choc ices post throat, I guess they would then be classed as medicinal, right?:D

Absolutely ;):D
    Hope all goes well tomorrow <<hug>>

Good evening everyone,

Hard luck re the toaster MTSTM, while when it comes to lots of kitchen kit I like the good stuff after having both cheap & expensive ones for toasters, kettles & slowcookers the cheap & cheerful ones work just as well and last as long as the more expensive ones so hopefully you can get a replacement without breaking the bank. My current toaster which I've had for a few years is an attractive black & chrome job, doesn't do anything fancy but makes decent toast. I think it was around £10 from Tesco.

The earlier sunshine didn't last & it got very overcast. It wasn't cold though so ideal gardening weather until the midges arrived. I do think, despite tlc, a lot of my annuals will go over in the next month or so. They did flower early due to the exceptional weather in May and have been/are very lovely so can't complain. Some things are still getting into their stride so I suppose it balances out. :)

I took a pork steak out earlier to defrost still deciding how to have it but don't fancy rice or noodles so spuds in some form probably. The Ayrshire tatties are just so tasty that I find it hard to see beyond them:D.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the procedure goes well tomorrow Farway I think you will need at least two choc ices to recover :D

Much cooler today although still Tee shirt weather so much more comfortable and asthma not so bad :) it threatened rain a couple of times but unfortunately it came to nothing. I've noticed that my neighbours are going to their allotments and returning home as I'm going to work in the mornings to avoid the worst of the heat.

Dentist checkup today, no treatment needed so that's it until January, hygienist next week so I'm feeling your pain a little Money some months the bank balance takes more of a battering than others :cool:

Lunch was LO rice and veg from yesterday, CBA with dinner tonight I did take steak and veg out of the fridge when I got home at 7 and then put it back again maybe the standby of cheese and biscuits with fruit as it's getting too late for me to cook
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hope you are feeling ok farway, glad it is over

photos early afternoon, so no cooking from now as I want to keep the kitchen tops polished and clutter-free. Poached egg on toast and an orange to start, later just cheese, tomato, nuts and I made green juice for today, nice and cold in the fridge

Woke too early today, I think I was cold. Poxy weather is so up and down, my body hasn`t time to adapt to the fast changes
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Chillier here today too - the house thermostat is registering 22C - which is about right for me indoors. Summer duvet has been put back on the bed and is being chucked on and off at intervals at the moment.

Fingers crossed on the medical front for you today Farway. I think a stiff whisky or brandy or the like could be indicated later as a "reward" for that.

Right - time for breakfast...
  • caronc
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Sunshine & showers forecasted for here today. Certainly it was tipping it down around 6am but it's dried up now. I've not put the duvet back on so far though have pulled the fleecy blanket over me a couple of times during the night.
    I'm not sure what my plans food-wise and generally are for today yet. So far breakfast was toast topped with LO veggies from last night and a large mug of tea:)
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,351 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    'morning all, up a bit earlier this morning, not allowed any food from 0730 on, appointment is 1430, so I wanted to ensure I wasn't starving all morning

Breakfast was pot of tea, porridge, banana, honey & HM yoghurt, should give the camera something to plough through this afternoon

I'm only allowed sips of water from now on, no more than 30ml per hour, I measured it out, not much is it?, hardly a gobful

Not that I drink a of fluid, I'm not one of the folks who walk about with bottle of water in their paws, but of course once it is not allowed a raging thirst develops

Right, catch you all tomorrow I expect, post choc ices
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    Options
    Good luck Farway, I hope all goes smoothly
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope you`re feeling better Faraway, enjoy your choc ice, or 2 or 3.

Well after weeks of CBA living on junk thats easy to grab and scoff, hunks of cheese, biscuits, crumpets etc. I am now over my target weight by 7lb and my Arthy Knees don't like it a little bit. Its got to come off so back on Slimming world plan for me.

So its

B. Banana, Berries and yoghurt
    L Mushroom omelette and salad, small pear.
    D Pork Chop, Baked potato, green beans, carrots.and cabbage
    strawberries set in sugar free jelly with yoghurt
    S Rivitia and dairylea triangles small bunch of grapes.
    Slimming World at target
  • caronc
    Options
    Just had a :eek::eek: moment, opened one of the compost daleks to empty my food caddy and a mouse was scurrying about in it! :eek::eek:Thankfully not a rat but it will be getting well hosed later as apparently they don't like a soggy bottom:rotfl::rotfl:. I'm sure mice in the compost bins isn't a new thing but it is first time I've seen one, still these bins are as far away from the house as they can be.

As it's not so warm in the kitchen, I gave the fridge veg drawer a proper clean out. Discovered the end of a bag of spuds with a display until 21st April:o. They were fine but not really enough of them to make into mash etc. They've been peeled & diced and popped in a pan with stock, onion, celery and 1/2 a head of broccoli. Soup for lunch along with the remaining mini pork pie and melon/strawberries :D
    Just need to think about the lurking aubergine & butternut squash though I don't think either will feature today as I was thinking of pasta with chard/calvo nero/courgette/ broad beans & parmesan for tonight
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure