We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

1…24232424242524262428

Comments

  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 6,673
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I'm hoping you didn't get the amount of rain we did Farway?

    I had a dentist check up early morning and need to have a filling replaced 🫣 I then went to EF to talk to another estate agent. I had to call her managing agent as all three have been concerned about cracks, then go back to email them photos. If it is subsidence they hold the building insurance, if it is I've threatened to put it to auction, due to her live time mortgage it wouldn't effect her! Just not sure the mortgage company would agree. I really don't need the added hassle as her lease size is also causing me headaches.

    Late lunch of blue cheese, pear and walnut with crackers.

    LO chicken thighs with pasta and LO stirfry veg

    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 15,902
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I'm hoping you didn't get the amount of rain we did Farway? I did, and it dripped in 😫, not a flood as I caught most of it. I've found a washing up bowl now to see if that will help, wider and deeper

    Luckily a roofer answered my calls and turned up to look, much too wet & dangerous at the time to go onto my roof, but at least he is aware & "promises" to get back to me once it's more conducive for roof climbing. I can only wit & see.

    Waiting on my Waitrose delivery, all there this week, no subs or missing items, just need a fresh meat date check on delivery & all's well

    Lunch, if food delivery is OK, it's a BLT sarnie

    Dinner, depending on BBE dates on delivery, either Posh Pie or on offer steak. I'll use the whatever is closest to BBE date

    Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 9,187
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    It is a total change from yesterday, sunny and bright and it feels chilly instead of rain.

    I might have a cup of tea with my strawberries and green smoothie. I have croissants with jam to have today. I don't want to eat too much as I'm eating out tonight at an Italian restaurant for my friend's birthday.

  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,992
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Good morning everyone,

    EF's flat sounds like a real headache Brambling, it's a big ask of you to sort it out.

    Hope the roofer gets back to you Farway.

    Yesterday turned into a bit of a showery day and today would seem to be the same except even chillier.

    Various domestic bits need doing though I did manage to get a substantial pile of ironing tackled yesterday. Some of it was still a tad damp so has been airing on hangars overnight ready to hang up when it's properly dry. While I don't like to use my tumble drier needs must at this time of year but I seem to have loads of clothes that can't be tumbled!

    LO grains & lentils for lunch which I'll top with poached eggs. We'll be well lentiled as making this tonight Roast Cod with Lentils - Recipes - Hairy Bikers. I had planned to have the grain bowl next week but moved it to this week as I had a post holiday pack of blueberries needing used up. Should probably have shuffled tonight's dish but thankfully we are both big lentil fans.

  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 2,269
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    Fingers crossed there isn’t too much rain until you get your roof fixed Farway.

    Very chilly start here but I’m managing to get by just using the portable heater to take the chill off the room I spend most of my time in.

    Lazy cooking day today - lunch was a portion of soup from the freezer and for dinner the last portion of chicken curry from freezer stock with some boiled rice and ss peas.

    2026 Grocery Spends
    Oct = £19.36
    Sept £101.58, Aug £66.17, July £110.59, June £92.28, May £71.67, Apr £119.44, Mar £ 104.90, Feb £90.58, Jan £74.05
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,894
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Chilly but sunny start so quite a nice drive to the office, which was warm so glad I resisted wearing a jumper 😀

    Buffet lunch provided by work. Sausage and spinach gnocchi tonight.

    Started raining early evening and it's really miserable now 😕

  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 6,673
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    You've reminded me Caronc that I do enjoy cod with lentils I may add it to next weeks menu plan as I think I have some cod in the freezer.

    I stocked up in some fruit and veg in Sainsbury's lunchtime and picked up some seafood. My sister came around when she finished work at 4pm and stayed a couple of hours whilst we chatted.

    I brought some niceYS ham and had a ham and coleslaw roll for lunch.

    I made JOs one pot smoke salmon lasagne for dinner

    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 15,902
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Oh dear, rain due later today, dull & gloomy at the moment. I have a washing bowl ready to catch the ceiling drips now. Of course with more rain I'm not expecting roofer to re-appear, if ever, until it dries up a bit

    Lunch, BLT again

    Dinner, tempted by another pie & mash with the weather, but I think it'll be freezer fish & chips, plus peas

    Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 9,187
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I had olives, pizza and then ice cream at the restaurant last night. I only had a banana for breakfast as I'm eating out again for lunch.

  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,992
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Good morning everyone,

    We succumbed and popped the heating on for an hour this morning. It was lovely to have a toasty bathroom for my shower. Dry just now but there's been some heavy showers. It's still pretty chilly, I've not been out yet but I think I will need will need another layer on to pop to the bin.

    Tesco due later with one acceptable sub but apart from that no real plans.

    I made the full lentil mix last night so LOs of that with boiled egg for lunch. Dinner is usual Friday tbc.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.