We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Cooking for one (Mark Three)
Comments
-
Good afternoon everyone,
So sorry to read about your brother Brambling. x Dishwasher wise there were removal & install options on the one I ordered online from JL though I didn't take them.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time away, the weather was mixed to say the least but we were happy to pretty much stay indoors for the time we were there. We were in a good position to people watch and admire passing pooches and weans. The area is rural with lots of trees and it was clear from the leaves etc. that Autumn is well underway. The lodge style caravan was spacious and very comfortable and we didn't stint on the food (and wine). Even though we significantly cut back on what we took this time there were style lots of LOs to divide up between us though apart from some fruit DS2 & I devoured anything perishable yesterday. Had a lovely bath time video call with DS1 and DGD last night, she's in the big bath now and has started properly crawling and pulling herself up. I'm looking forward to proper cuddles next week.
Lunch today was a portion of soup from the freezer. I'm CFO tonight, dinner to tbc but I'm thinking stir fry or similar as I have a pack chicken breast in the fridge from the Tesco order I got last night.
0 -
I had beetroot and lentil salad and avocado toast for lunch. I also bought a Belgian chocolate cake which was very nice. I feel quite full up so I'm not sure what dinner will be. It is quite warm and sunny here. I got quite warm walking home.
1 -
Glad you had a nice time away with your friends Caronc.
It was a chilly start to the day here and I did put a portable heater on for a few bursts of heat this morning just to take the chill of the flat but it warmed up nicely as the day went on.
For lunch I had some leftover daal with pappadums, naan and spiced onions. Then an easy dinner of sausages, mashed swede and broccoli.
2026 Grocery Spends
Oct = £19.36
Sept £101.58, Aug £66.17, July £110.59, June £92.28, May £71.67, Apr £119.44, Mar £ 104.90, Feb £90.58, Jan £74.051 -
Grey and wet all day here 😕
At least I didn't have to commute!
Quiche, baked beans and bread and butter for lunch. Pesto pasta with broccoli and salmon fillet tonight.
1 -
sounds like you had a good few days away caronc
Pottering day at home, I was expecting to see a estate agent at EFs flat after lunch but his car broke down so that's been moved until tomorrow morning.
Blue cheese,pear and walnut for lunch. Chinese style chicken thighs with rice and sticky veg, however I picked up a sachet of tilda soy and ginger sticky rice and it tasted so medicinal and was thrown away 🤢
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage - Anais Nin1 -
Wet & drizzle here, which is good & bad. Good for my garden, no good for my leaky roof.
I'm still waiting for any roofer to get in touch, I have some more to try later today
I was going to go to Morries for a mooch & bits & bobs, but decided CBA with the rain, so now ordered on line for W8rose delivery tomorrow AM. As it happens the posh pies are on offer so got some to reach minimum order & freeze as standbys
Lunch, cheese toastie as something warming
Dinner, grilled pork loin chop, use up AF chips plus salad bits
Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club1 -
Good morning everyone,
Proper dip in temperature this morning, it's only now just reaching double figures but it's a lovely bright day. I think it will very soon be time to pop the heating on for an hour in the morning.
Still playing catch up with chores and admin after being away - where on earth does all the laundry come from? I'm sure it breeds in the basket and not helped by the changing seasons as things come in and out of rotation! Despite having only just had a Tesco order on Monday I need to sort out Friday's delivery as Monday's was very much a "tiding over" one.
Dinner last night was a veg heavy, brothy chicken stir fry and there's LO veg & broth for lunch which I'll top with a poached egg. Tonight it's Chicken & berry grain bowl | Jamie Oliver recipes which I've not made since mid August so looking forward to it.
0 -
I had a yoghurt before my appointment and then came home and had a vegan bacon roll with mustard. I got caught in the rain, annoyingly and I was wearing sandals!
1 -
Chilly start to the day here too but it did warm up nicely. I met up with a friend this morning before having a walk in the sunshine then sharing a single fish, chips and curry sauce for lunch 😁
I wasn't too hungry for dinner tonight so a dip in the freezer produced a portion of mushroom soup which was enough with a couple of slices of crusty bread.
2026 Grocery Spends
Oct = £19.36
Sept £101.58, Aug £66.17, July £110.59, June £92.28, May £71.67, Apr £119.44, Mar £ 104.90, Feb £90.58, Jan £74.051 -
Chilly and damp start here but dry and sunny from late morning. Popped out to a run a couple of errands at lunchtime and it was a lovely day outside.
Posh fishfinger sandwich with a sort of slaw in a chimichurri mayo dressing for lunch. Duck and veg egg fried rice tonight using the other half of a RTC pack of M&S Duck strips 😋
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

