We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Cooking for one (Mark Three)
Comments
-
Some rain overnight here too but its turned out to be a lovely sunny day albeit there’s still a brisk wind blowing. The sea has calmed down a bit today although large waves were coming over the sea wall yesterday afternoon and I could hear them roaring during the night too.
I was very generous with the quantities of lentils & veg I cooked last night so I’ll use some for lunch as a warm salad with goats cheese and beetroot, the other two portions will go in the freezer and get used in a veggie lasagne/moussaka or shepherdless pie.
It’s either spag bol or chilli for dinner tonight I’ll know when its defrosted 😏
2026 Grocery Spends
Oct = £5.15
Sept £101.58, Aug £66.17, July £110.59, June £92.28, May £71.67, Apr £119.44, Mar £ 104.90, Feb £90.58, Jan £74.053 -
Another beautiful autumn day here, another load of bedding dried on the line 😊
Broccoli quiche, baked beans, bread and butter for lunch. Black bean and red pepper fajitas with shredded cabbage, coriander and feta tonight 😋
2 -
Not much done today or eaten we were all shocked last night by the sudden and unexpected death of my brother. A lot of today has been spent talking to my sisters we were all due to meet up next weekend for our annual gathering. We are just relieved that it didn't happen when he was driving down from Yorkshire. Im so glad I saw him for a few days in Northumberland in august.
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage - Anais Nin1 -
@Brambling I am so very very sorry to hear of the passing of your brother. Thinking of you and yours xx
Saving 1 animal wont change the world - but it will change the world for that 1 animal
2026 Frugal Living Challenge
2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
26 for 20260 -
@Brambling - That had to be a major shock. Sending lots of hugs. Take care of yourself.
0 -
Very sorry about your brother Brambling. Life can take unwanted turns very quickly can't it?
Dry & sunny, blue sky, no rain to come through my roof. I don't think insurance would cover it, it's not damage AFAIK but maybe once the roofer gets up there I'll know more. Still waiting for roofer to "get back" to me, but I did say it's not an emergency, not like half the roof is missing or something, probably just something like a slipped tile
Lunch, defrosting a lamb burger, I'll have that in a sandwich, no buns available.
Dinner, grilled pork chop, plus salad. maybe handful of AF chips
Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club0 -
Sorry to read that Brambling. What a shock.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


