We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

1…241624172418241924202422»

Comments

  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 9,158 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I have had a sandwich with mustard. I forgot I bought lettuce to put in there too. I had some grapes too. I was going to make a roast dinner today but I have been cleaning, doing a load of laundry and moving things around my house so I can’t be bothered now.


    I have potatoes that need using up so maybe I will make baked potatoes with something from the freezer with veg or baked beans for dinner.

  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 15,873 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper

    The rain never arrived, and now it's a warm plume on the way, so still I'm watering the garden. Warm & grey today

    I thoroughly enjoyed the Pieminister pie yesterday, although it cost more I think on balance it's worth it, better still if you spot a YS one. At least the meaty chunks filling met the top pastry and I cleared my plate.

    Today may differ 😉

    Lunch, cheese & onion toasty

    Dinner, new to me, dusted lemon sole AFd, with LO HM potato salad + green salad

    LO HG stewed apples if needed

    Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 9,158 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I just had some crackers with Flora and some grapes for breakfast as I'm going out for lunch quite early. It feels much cooler today. I went to the shop to buy teabags and sugar as that is the first time in a while that I have fancied a hot drink.

  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,986 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Good morning everyone,

    Dry and quite bright here this morning. A nice change from yesterday's gloom and wet but it does feel more like late Autumn. Domestics and admin on the "to do" today and I want to finish the lentil soup so it can be frozen for the weekend.

    I cooked a pot of carrot, courgette, cannellini bean and coriander soup yesterday so lunch will be a bowl of that. One of our favourite egg dishes for dinner tonight Folded egg and rice with easy pantry sauce recipe - BBC Food I'll make salad or steamed veg to have with it.

  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    That recipe looks much more appetising than it sounds Caronc 😁 enjoy.

    It was very chilly here this morning, I’m still resisting the urge to put the heating on and layering up instead.

    I took a trip into the City as I wanted to get stuff from Boots and take advantage of their 3for2 offers. Sainsburys is close by so I nipped in there to get a couple of baking trays as they have reductions on the habitat range which is a heavier grade metal and doesn't tend to buckle in the heat of the oven. I also picked up a TTD scotch egg for my lunch but didn’t enjoy it, the sausagemeat was way too lumpy and gristly…yuk

    For dinner I’ll have a piece of broccoli quiche from the freezer with some ss peas and sweetcorn.

    2026 Grocery Spends
    Sept = £97.41
    Aug £66.17, July £110.59, June £92.28, May £71.67, Apr £119.44, Mar £ 104.90, Feb £90.58, Jan £74.05
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 6,647 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I left my post in draft yesterday!

    Ocardo offered me 25% off and free delivery as an incentive to come back (they missed me) so I stocked up and had a delivery yesterday, allorsent and correct. I ordered some of my sister's cereal which was on offer and dropped it around hers for a cuppa.

    EF was having a new water meter fixed and as it is inside I was on standby this afternoon to let him in, luckily it was a noon to 5pm appointment and he came just after noon, all done and home for lunch at 1pm.

    A long call this afternoon with EF care home about her portion of the fee, we both cursed our local authority who made changes without telling me, there is also a discrepancy so I'll need to try and call the local authority tomorrow. Our LA is in a mess at the moment with regards to adult care and finance it's all over local news.

    I made Tescos Nannas magic soup yesterday and had a portion for lunch today.

    Sea bass fillet with new potatoes and green veg for dinner

    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 15,873 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper

    Breezy with some sun, deluge expected tomorrow, but I've heard that before & got nowt.

    I may potter & minor clear up garden if sun& mild holds

    Asda delivery due tomorrow, so a bit of fridge clearing out for today's meals

    Lunch, cheese & bread will be used, bare sandwich or toastie TBD

    Dinner, the other posh pie, Steak & Stilton, with nuked LO mash. Veg TBD

    Member of "Rubbish at Radishes" club
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 9,158 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I have a class today and I'm going out with my friend for lunch. I had a toasted bagel with Flora for breakfast.

  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,986 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Good morning everyone,

    Hope you can get things sorted out with the LA Brambling.

    Yes N2BT it's really a rather nice dish, I think name must be direct translation from Korean. It also works well with teriyaki or curry sauce.

    Overcast, blowy and decidedly on the cool side but dry so far.

    Lists for the weekend have been written though I'll only be a few miles away if anything essential is forgotten. I'm off back with same friends to the same holiday park as we went to earlier in the year but to a lodge rather than caravan this time so we should have a bit more space. Need to sort Tesco orders for Thursday and Monday so I'll start that today. Otherwise usual domestics a pile of ironing are today's to dos.

    Another portion of carrot, courgette, cannellini bean and coriander soup for lunch. Pork mince taco bowls for dinner.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.