PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nice sunny morning here but there's a very chilly wind - good for the washing but not for me, I'm getting so fed up wearing my winter jackets  :(

There's some sweet potato mash leftover from last night which I'll whizz up with some chickpeas etc and make falafel to have with tomato salad and crusty bread for lunch.

Defrosting a piece of salmon which I'll pan fry and have with a french style warm lentil salad and some ss peas.

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Hope you feel better soon Wednesday
    Still cold and windy but dry and bright - I'll take that!
    Very sore after physio so a gentle day planned. The only "must do" is cook dinner for my sister coming over this evening and sort out the stock that's been simmering overnight in the slow cooker. Dinner is going to be simple chicken, veg and chorizo tray bake with baked spuds and salad so nice and easy. LOs/fridge bits for lunch.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I feel much better after a hot shower and a walk to the shops and back. It isn't as cold as I thought. I came home and made a  smoothie, did some laundry and put the soup on. Tomato, carrot, pepper and lentil. I'm going to have some with sourdough when it has finished cooking.

I have three bags of romaine lettuce in the fridge so I assume they must have given me extra by accident!
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Started dry and bright here but has felt decidedly chilly during the afternoon, as the rain moved in 🙄

Got loads done today whilst wfh , which makes a nice change.

LO jambalaya for lunch and I’ve just had my usual beans with toast Tuesday early tea.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,161 Forumite
    Options
    I'm hoping today is the last of the wet days for a while ☔️

luckily work was quiet again as I was on my own all afternoon, I've been clearing out old emails this afternoon 

Sausage, egg and cheese muffin for lunch, I skinned a sausage to make sausage patty and on the other half of the muffin I hollow it out to add a egg and some cheese before air frying for 10 minutes 😋 I found a pouch of Dahl made with black lentils and beans so that was a easy dinner with some rice and French beans
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,428 Forumite
    Options
    It seems quite nice and sunny today. I have to deep clean my house the next few days as my brother's girlfriend is staying over and she is allergic to pet fur!

I have more HM soup for lunch with a part baked roll. It will probably be a smoothie for breakfast and I have to use up the last of the strawberry yoghurt.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Back to cold and grey here.
    Ari sitting today but he's no bother and, apart from short bouts of madness, him and Hector are pretty chilled together these days.
    I'm behind on my voluntary admin so need to get caught up, won't be today though as I'm still sore after physio so don't fancy sitting at the lap top for more than short periods.
    LO baked spud with cheese and the last of the HM coleslaw for lunch. JO's bacon and bean pasta for dinner.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 April at 2:16PM
    Options
    Still cool, but dry at least
    Collected prescription first thing, then YS hunt in Morries, YS tomatoes for a change, cherry & on the vine, only 24p pack so had to be bought, I do snack on them sometimes so not wasted.
    No other YS to speak of, 50p off what is expensive stuff anyway.

Lunch, mushroom omelette
    Dinner, Pukka steak pie, I have going over parsnips, so I think I may roast them in same oven as pie, with buttery boiled cabbage and maybe buttery boiled limp celery middle heart
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been quite a nice day, we had the odd shower around midday otherwise it was fine.

Trying to create some space in the freezer so used up a couple of potato waffles with some cold ham and salad at lunchtime.

Defrosted and SC pork chops with some peppers and onions for tea tonight, had a portion for tea and a portion for the freezer = 2 out 1 in  :D  
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,161 Forumite
    Options
    Trying to create some space in the freezer so used up a couple of potato waffles with some cold ham and salad at lunchtime.

Defrosted and SC pork chops with some peppers and onions for tea tonight, had a portion for tea and a portion for the freezer = 2 out 1 in  :D  
    The joy of CFO you either eat it over multiple days or it takes up freezer room 🙄

sausage and pickle sandwich for lunch.  Peppers stuffed with rice, vegetables and pancetta for dinner
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback