Comments

• castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 June 2019 at 2:46PM
    Options
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/

Look here ! Switch away. ££££

If you need more a/c's to switch just open some up. Direct debits may be a bit of a problem (if needed), but see the discussions on MSE to resolve.
    Oh, and by the way - WELCOME
  • DPS-2016
    DPS-2016 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For HSBC Advance it says switching including at least two Direct Debits or Standing Orders.

Presumably setting up two standing orders from this account to two of my other accounts will be sufficient to meet the criteria for the £175 offer bonus.

I've read all the terms and that seems to be what it's saying - almost seems too good to be true!

(I'm running out of Direct Debits to share around now!!)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DPS-2016 wrote: »
    For HSBC Advance it says switching including at least two Direct Debits or Standing Orders.

Presumably setting up two standing orders from this account to two of my other accounts will be sufficient to meet the criteria for the £175 offer bonus.

I've read all the terms and that seems to be what it's saying - almost seems too good to be true!

(I'm running out of Direct Debits to share around now!!)
    From which account? Your post reads as though you think you can set them up on the HSBC account, when the T&Cs clearly state they must already be set up on, and switched from, the old account.
  • ec9wrr
    ec9wrr Posts: 232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've already done all the switch account for reward offers - with my own account. Can I switch and get the reward(s) again by moving my joint account?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ec9wrr wrote: »
    I've already done all the switch account for reward offers - with my own account. Can I switch and get the reward(s) again by moving my joint account?

It will depend on the T&Cs of each individual switch incentive.

Some definitely specify one incentive only, some will pay a 2nd incentive if 1st was before a certain date, others allow multiple incentives.
  • Dird
    Dird Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is there any fake DD option now? It's been a while since Tesco Bank stopped offering the functionality
    Mortgage (Nov 15): £79,950 | Mortgage (May 19): £71,754 | Mortgage (Sep 22): £0
    Cashback sites: £900 | £30k in 2016: £30,300 (101%)
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I really wouldn't bother with Tesco. They have written to say that they are reducing the interest rates on their accounts from 0.55% (gross) to 0.35% on 24 October.

Earlier this year they reduced the rate on their Current Account from 3% to 1%

I suspect they want to come out of banking, and hoping their customers will move away.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dird wrote: »
    Is there any fake DD option now? It's been a while since Tesco Bank stopped offering the functionality
    Answered in your duplicate thread....
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    As of today, buried in the Best Bank Accounts article is a new RBS £150 switch offer!

Why bury it there!!
  • louibax
    louibax Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I've just switched to RBS for the £150 switching bonus but no mention of the bonus when I switched and I have had a look round for the switch terms and conditions (re the bonus) on the RBS website and I can't find anything that mentions a switching bonus. The only reference I can find to a bonus is on here and other money comparison websites. Can anyone help?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback