Top Bank Accounts Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dewpoint wrote: »
    I'm always suspicious of any bank that has to offer bribes to get your custom.

I've banked with Nationwide for 20+ years and in my opinion nothing beats them.
    Nationwide are prepared to pay £200 a time to attract new customers (and even existing ones!), and must have one of the longest running referral bribe schemes of any of the banks/BSs.

Suspicious?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Personally, I've had a savings account with FD over the past few years and I've not been impressed at all. I've banked with Nationwide for 20+ years and in my opinion nothing beats them.
    Why have a savings account for several years with a bank you are not impressed with, particularly if you have found a holy grail company that is not beaten by anything? :p
  • Dewpoint
    Dewpoint Posts: 147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Because I'm maxed-out with Nationwide. It's also the last time I'll be using FD - hopeless bank.
  • Dewpoint
    Dewpoint Posts: 147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And I'm equally suspicious of anyone with 30,000+ posts to their name. Makes me think that certain organisations and banks have sponsored trolls defending their bribery!

MSE is also paid to promote FD & HSBC! Even more suspicious.
  • Kiwi_g
    Kiwi_g Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone got an opinion on First Direct's "new" appearance of their bank accounts?

I find the transaction display not easy to understand, nothing like a bank statement. They've managed to merge payments and receipts into one field for display purposes and only use + or - signs to differentiate between payments and receipts. As for transaction details, someone has decided that the first letter of the description is upper case followed by lower case letters. Looks awful!!
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Because I'm maxed-out with Nationwide. It's also the last time I'll be using FD - hopeless bank.

I just wonder what you don't like about FD? I have been with them for years and if I have ever had a problem they are really helpful.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    Options
    Kiwi_g wrote: »
    Has anyone got an opinion on First Direct's "new" appearance of their bank accounts?

I must admit I don't really like the new display. I thought it was just me being old fashioned and that I would get used to it.

If there is not a dedicated thread here about the new dispaly, maybe one should be started as it is not fair to hijack another thread.
  • Anthony_Rose
    Options
    Exactly the response to-day !! Applied for their reward acct on monday on line, given cust ref No, sort code and acct No. Two hours later, another e-mail, why did you not complete the application !
    40 odd minutes later, eventually spoke (3 calls) to new accts department. No data / information relating to new acct request ? Where did all my personal info go ??
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    Options
    Who are you referring to Anthony?
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If there is not a dedicated thread here about the new dispaly, maybe one should be started as it is not fair to hijack another thread.
    Maybe this one?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5989136
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport