🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ...would have been more focussed on not selecting Reward.
    I was similarly focussed (as usual), but one of our packs delivered on Saturday contained a MyRewards booklet! Cue me checking all other paperwork, texts, and emails for similar references. Thankfully none found. But then again this evening, after I'd caught up on this thread, I've had to go through the same process again looking for the word 'Private'.

I've had easier switches!
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    I was accepted but still haven't had any response by email or text. I do have a feeling that in the process I was provided with a choice button for either "Private" or "Business" to which I would certainly have selected Private!
  • charlieboycat
    Options
    It's also somewhat inconsistent (although that's not usually an obstacle for NatWest) to offer part-way through an application process an account (Select Private) that isn't mentioned anywhere on their website. The latter would seem to suggest that (a) Private has been rebranded as Premier, and (2) Premier is a status awarded to a customer rather than a different account.
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 742 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick update - I applied again and was accepted for the Select account. No request or option to upload ID documents (but may be instructions in welcome pack?)

At no stage in the process was there a "Private" account option

I have sent in my complaint already
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    Conversely I've had one of the most pain free applications. Account opened there and then, with sort code, account number and internet details, all ready to go. Had emails and text messages each step of the way. Switch will be done on Friday. No hidden surprises.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Conversely I've had one of the most pain free applications. Account opened there and then, with sort code, account number and internet details, all ready to go. Had emails and text messages each step of the way. Switch will be done on Friday. No hidden surprises.

Same here, no problems up to now, switch on Friday.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still no email about opening the account or switching...getting a bit anxious...
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Applied last Thursday, already have NW account's.
    Just got a email , few minutes ago ! to say all is OK.

don't panic....NW...... are busy.
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    Got the PINs today. Cards should arrive soon. That's quick work. :)
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Applied on 11th- got e-mail soon after that I'd hear from them in 3-5 days.
    Letter arrived today- application for Select a/c- to check details, tick marketing boxes (or not!) and sign, date and return.
    Straightforward- I can take it into local branch tomorrow- nice and convenient in the market place.
    Branch sort code but no a/c no... yet. Chose Feb 9th for switch date so no rush.-
    Very much quicker than several others I could mention!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport