NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• gingercordial
    Options
    SuperHan wrote: »
    I've scrolled a few pages back and not seen anything, but have any of the existing customer switches received any communications yet?

I've had radio silence, and I'm half tempted to try doing the switch again while the offer is still around!

Absolutely no communications. No e-mails, texts, letters or secure messages. Nothing showing on my Natwest online banking and nothing at Halifax (where my donor account is coming from) to indicate a switch has been initiated.

I did ring them on Friday afternoon and they said it was on the system, so I can only trust it is happening! But yes, likewise I am almost tempted to stick the same details into the web form again. Trying to resist in case it messes the whole thing up.
  • charlieboycat
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    Is all this really worth it for £125..?

Of course a stiff complaint will ensue, but this is even more work for me to do - and even though I'm a successful complainer I hate very second of it
    I'm beginning to feel the same - but if it comes to it then for £250 I'd be prepared to duplicate a letter of complaint!
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    I seem to recall there were two buttons to press during the application, one for select and another for select private. Easy to hit the wrong one maybe...
    You managed to find the magic button then ;)

How did you find it please.... can you give a rough idea of what stage of the process it came up?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The_Boss wrote: »
    I've now applied with a request to switch my B account into my existing dormant NatWest current account.

The message I had at the end suggests my switch request has been accepted "We will process your switch application in accordance with your request" and other details.

Easiest switch application for an incentive that I've done :money:

Email and text.message received : "Thanks for switching to us. We're working with your old bank to move all regular payments and instructed them to transfer the balance & close the account on 23/01/18"

Excllent. Wonder if the account will now show up on my credit files though. It didnt previously since it was opened in 1996.
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Based on the income criteria for Premier status our new applications wouldn't qualify for Private - but if that's the requirement and you don't meet it why did they 'upgrade' your application?
    That's the mystery. I always take very great care before clicking on things, so would have known if I was selecting 'Private' - I'd already seen Noctu's posts #114 and #118 and was wary.

Although I wouldn't be eligible on income grounds, it is possible NatWest have information which makes them think I meet 'net worth' criteria, even though that information wasn't something I needed to put on the application. I'm still no further forward though.
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Absolutely no communications. No e-mails, texts, letters or secure messages. Nothing showing on my Natwest online banking and nothing at Halifax (where my donor account is coming from) to indicate a switch has been initiated.

I did ring them on Friday afternoon and they said it was on the system, so I can only trust it is happening! But yes, likewise I am almost tempted to stick the same details into the web form again. Trying to resist in case it messes the whole thing up.

That's the same situation I was in - no confirmation until I phoned and they said I was in the system.

The only problem with making a second application is it may result in a second credit search with the subsequent issues keiran points out.
  • Jeems
    Jeems Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did mine and my OH's this afternoon

OH got the "account opened, but we will post some things to you for you to sign" - no further acknowledgement via email, text etc

I got the "account opened" page and that was it. I received an email shortly after to say they were checking my details and would be in contact in 3-5 days. Bit strange esp as they offered me an overdraft as well, but lets see.

In both cases, the form itself was quite straight forward. I didnt need to upload anything, just manually typed in both our drivers licenses.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Got £40 compensation after my complaint. Nice and easy.
    What did you complain about ? Just interested,you don't have to say :)

At a guess Mchambers had money removed from the account that was used for ID purposes, even though the system said they would`nt do that.
  • gingercordial
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    That's the same situation I was in - no confirmation until I phoned and they said I was in the system.

The only problem with making a second application is it may result in a second credit search with the subsequent issues keiran points out.

For me I don't think there will have been any credit search as I am switching into my existing current account, which is genuinely my main, working current account. I haven't applied for a new product at all.

I would just quite like to get some kind of written (or text message) confirmation that I'm in before this presumably hits the main MSE e-mail on Wednesday morning.

Similarly I'm really hoping my husband's B switching bonus appears tomorrow so I can switch him... ETA: switch his account that is, I'm very happy to keep him :rotfl:
  • charlieboycat
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    That's the mystery. I always take very great care before clicking on things, so would have known if I was selecting 'Private' - I'd already seen Noctu's posts #114 and #118 and was wary.
    I would (like to be able to) say ditto. I too had seen Noctu's post. Trouble is, although I remember having to choose which account we wanted from a pull-down menu, I've got to the age where I simply cannot remember whether either of us was or was not offered Private as well as non-Private. :(

Hopefully if we were we didn't select it - but on the other hand I wouldn't have been anticipating NatWest to exclude Premier/Private customers from the bonus and would have been more focussed on not selecting Reward.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure