NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• beefturnmail
    Options
    As I understand it, once your application has been accepted you have qualified for the incentive if you switch and meet deposit requirements by the due dates.

You're probably right and I thought so too, but it only allowed me to schedule a switch date up to 30 days in advance. I thought that maybe if they were flooded they could pull the offer and say they'd only honour those that had applied and had a switch accepted prior to the date of pulling.

Not sure if they could do that, but it didn't seem worth risking losing the incentive, or the extra hassle of complaining etc, for the sake of £3 (the March Halifax reward payment)
  • binaryuniverse
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Regarding £1,500 funding requirement I understand it will need to be paid before 16 March 2018 and the Money does need to stay there.

So basically I could use FPI and use FPO of £1500 on the same day ? Is my interpretation correct ?

I'm not sure. These two parts appear to be contradicting each other.
    Either way. No. Money does not need to stay there. Otherwise anybody, earning £1500 a month, wouldn't be able to spend any money that month. ;)
    Current accounts are based around money going in and out all the time.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    I applied online last week but have today got a letter from Natwest asking for ID documents to be posted or processed in branch. I was not given the offer of uploading ID during the application process.
    Out of interest, does your letter refer to the account type name as ".... PRIVATE"? (e.g. SELECT PRIVATE)

It appears there are different application process paths depending on how you start the application and the information you give.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I applied online last week but have today got a letter from Natwest asking for ID documents to be posted or processed in branch. I was not given the offer of uploading ID during the application process.

Annoyed by this - I thought companies did electronic verification nowadays and I'm certainly on the Electoral Roll, etc

Any thoughts on why this should be? (though of course I will go to the branch with my ID for £125..)

I can help you with this Keiran, same thing happened to me and I rang them. Apparently the letter is automated, so everybody gets one. You can ignore it if you were accepted online. My account is now open, simple process.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Annoyed by this - I thought companies did electronic verification nowadays and I'm certainly on the Electoral Roll, etc

Any thoughts on why this should be? (though of course I will go to the branch with my ID for £125..)

I've received the same letter. I will go into one of their branches asap as I don't want to post any documents.

Annoyingly there was one local to me but it has closed down so I will need to make a visit into town.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Frogletina wrote: »
    I've received the same letter. I will go into one of their branches asap as I don't want to post any documents.

Annoyingly there was one local to me but it has closed down so I will need to make a visit into town.

frogletina

I remember when I applied online they asked me to choose:
    1. Online Verification and
    2. Branch Verification

For 1. They even stated it "faster (something like that)"
    So for people who got opening confirmation of the AC. why do they need to go to the branch again ??
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options

I applied online last week, completed the photo upload etc. yesterday, and today a letter turned up just asking for signature and some marketing tick boxes to fill in.

Thought it was a bit quick, so what Marvo5 says is likely the reason why, anyhow just got back from posting the form back and now reading updates maybe I didn't need to, but no harm done - I hope.
  • Shashy
    Shashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    I went through the online application process last week. Got the email on Friday regarding the online digi-verification of ID which all seemed to work fine.

Got my email today stating the current account has been opened and will be available shortly; haven't received any account/sort code information so assume this will be coming through the post.

This one is on track to be one of the easiest incentives to land.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    "Just choose 'switch' when you apply below. You'll need to pay in at least £1,500 and log in to Online Banking or our Mobile
    Banking app by 16 March 2018. We'll pay the £125 cash into your new account by 13 April"

Regarding £1,500 funding requirement I understand it will need to be paid before 16 March 2018 and the Money does need to stay there.

So basically I could use FPI and use FPO of £1500 on the same day ? Is my interpretation correct ?

Thanks

Contradictory statements here?

Anyway the £1,500 doesn't have to stay in the current account because its YOUR money to spend as you wish, it's not a savings account!
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shashy wrote: »
    I went through the online application process last week. Got the email on Friday regarding the online digi-verification of ID which all seemed to work fine.

Can I ask approx. what time you uploaded the documents on Friday? I uploaded mine at 4:04pm (time of confirmation email) and I've not heard anything since.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport