NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Shashy wrote: »
    I went through the online application process last week. Got the email on Friday regarding the online digi-verification of ID which all seemed to work fine.

Got my email today stating the current account has been opened and will be available shortly; haven't received any account/sort code information so assume this will be coming through the post.

This one is on track to be one of the easiest incentives to land.

I applied last Thursday, managed to upload E-signature & photo ID (on 2nd attempt).

On Friday I got email saying my account has been opened and will be available in the next 24 hours.

On Saturday I got letter asking me to check application details and return signature - which I'd already done electronically

On Sunday I got email x2 with my Customer Number (despite the fact that previous emails contained a different customer number). It also said I would receive my Activation code by text within 48 hours.

So I can't agree with you:p
    harz99 wrote: »
    I applied online last week, completed the photo upload etc. yesterday, and today a letter turned up just asking for signature and some marketing tick boxes to fill in.

Thought it was a bit quick, so what Marvo5 says is likely the reason why, anyhow just got back from posting the form back and now reading updates maybe I didn't need to, but no harm done - I hope.

Me too. Like you, I've sent signed form, just in case.
  • Shashy
    Shashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    Can I ask approx. what time you uploaded the documents on Friday? I uploaded mine at 4:04pm (time of confirmation email) and I've not heard anything since.

2:30pm. Got an email confirming they'd been received at 3pm.
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 741 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Out of interest, does your letter refer to the account type name as ".... PRIVATE"? (e.g. SELECT PRIVATE)

It appears there are different application process paths depending on how you start the application and the information you give.

Thanks all

Yes, it does say "SELECT PRIVATE application"
    My limited research suggests that the PRIVATE accounts were legacy accounts, and used to come with a personal banking agent, and were aimed at those to whom Nat West could cross sell further services
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just called for an update, was told to give it another week!!!!
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    Yes, it does say "SELECT PRIVATE application"
    My limited research suggests that the PRIVATE accounts were legacy accounts, and used to come with a personal banking agent, and were aimed at those to whom Nat West could cross sell further services

I've made some phone calls this afternoon - people applying for a "SELECT PRIVATE" account are not eligible for the switch offer.

It appears your application can become a "SELECT PRIVATE" one without you asking for it. I was told the application also cannot be converted into a standard (eligible) account and you have to start the application process all over again.

Check your paperwork carefully - if the word "PRIVATE" appears on it then you need to confirm switch offer eligibility with NatWest. (and possibly re-apply).
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    I've made some phone calls this afternoon - people applying for a "SELECT PRIVATE" account are not eligible for the switch offer.

It appears your application can become a "SELECT PRIVATE" one without you asking for it. I was told the application also cannot be converted into a standard (eligible) account and you have to start the application process all over again.

Check your paperwork carefully - if the word "PRIVATE" appears on it then you need to confirm switch offer eligibility with NatWest. (and possibly re-apply).

I haven't gone back through the whole thread so have no idea who has received paperwork/messages regarding 'Select Private', however, I can't see any mention of this account on NatWest Current Bank Accounts products page - so how did people manage to apply for it:cool:
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    I received this request for proof of ID and signature too.

Really uncomfortable with an institution having a full photo of all my passport details (and the upload kept failing) so requested call back and they're sending the paper copy to sign.

Signature mandate form received by post.

That's pretty good service in my book.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    however, I can't see any mention of this account on NatWest Current Bank Accounts products page - so how did people manage to apply for it
    It appears your application can become a "SELECT PRIVATE" one without you asking for it.

Perhaps you know for certain when you receive the debit card intended for the called and the chosen....:D

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4005923&page=2
    It's beautiful - really clever design mixing matte and shiny surfaces to form the logo. It's like holding a little jewel
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I haven't gone back through the whole thread so have no idea who has received paperwork/messages regarding 'Select Private', however, I can't see any mention of this account on NatWest Current Bank Accounts products page - so how did people manage to apply for it:cool:
    Me for one :(

I got conflicting stories - either I clicked on a "magic button" which was for the 'Private' version (no, I couldn't find it either), or alternatively the computer 'upgraded' the application based on the information provided by the customer. Apparently 'Private' is offered to some customers who are deemed worthy of the extra benefits (I'm not really though ;)).

Nice, we'll upgrade you to an account with additional benefits, but exclude you from the free £125 ;)
  • EachPenny
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    Perhaps you know for certain when you receive the debit card intended for the called and the chosen....
    Oh dear, if only I really was eligible, I'd willingly give up £125 for one of those :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport