🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Badger50 wrote: »
    Email 1: ""Done and dusted. Your current account has been fully switched..."
    Email 2: "Want all your payments in one place?...We can move your Direct debits and standing orders for you with our Switcher Service..."
    Hmmm.

Didn't you know about the NatWest left hand/right hand syndrome, this thread is full of examples. Lol.

£125, £125, £125, just keep repeating that to yourself and you'll be fine.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Badger50 wrote: »
    Email 1: ""Done and dusted. Your current account has been fully switched..."
    Email 2: "Want all your payments in one place?...We can move your Direct debits and standing orders for you with our Switcher Service..."
    Hmmm.

I had the same e-mails today. I'm not in the least bit surprised given the chaos that is NatWest's account opening and switching services. Still, they managed to switch my account, and only 7 days late!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BTW I look upon this £125.00 as a dividend as a reward as a tax payer for helping bailing out RBS during their time of need.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does the £1500 Deposit need to be in one lump or can it be in chunks?
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Does the £1500 Deposit need to be in one lump or can it be in chunks?

Whichever suits you, either will do.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• SuiDreams
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Whichever suits you, either will do.

Thank you, chucks seems to be easier as stuck with the £250 withdrawal limit (no card reader sent).
  • ValiantSon
    Options
    Thank you, chucks seems to be easier as stuck with the £250 withdrawal limit (no card reader sent).

If you don't have £1500 just sat around then paying in smaller chunks would make sense, so that you can cycle that money in and out.

Welcome to the group of us waiting for the card reader / security key. I got a nice thick envelope from them today and thought it had arrived, but no, it was a duplicate of the letter telling me that my account had opened and that I would be sent my debit card etc. within the next few days; I received my debit card over a week ago.

NatWest continue to impress with their organisation. ;)
  • SuiDreams
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    If you don't have £1500 just sat around then paying in smaller chunks would make sense, so that you can cycle that money in and out.

Welcome to the group of us waiting for the card reader / security key. I got a nice thick envelope from them today and thought it had arrived, but no, it was a duplicate of the letter telling me that my account had opened and that I would be sent my debit card etc. within the next few days; I received my debit card over a week ago.

NatWest continue to impress with their organisation. ;)

I have got the £1500 but don't want to lose access to the money due to the withdrawal limit, it really is silly.
  • ValiantSon
    Options
    I have got the £1500 but don't want to lose access to the money due to the withdrawal limit, it really is silly.

Agreed. The ironic thing is that NatWest have run this offer to generate new customers. While some people will be using it as a cash cow and have no intention of sticking around, the majority will switch and stay (for at least a reasonable time). The chaotic switching and account opening process, however, is likely to push a reasonable proportion of the switch and stay group to consider switching again because they have gained a poor impression of their new bank. Even worse than this, it will make all new customers (including the habitual switchers) to think twice about dealing with NatWest again for any other product. NatWest should have got their house in order before launching the deal.
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,427 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Something I just wanted to check with this. Myself and my wife have both switched. We've been paying in chunks of £500 from our joint NW Flex Direct account, then withdrawing back via cashpoint and repeating, with a few debit card payments so as not to take the p too much. However, we have been logged in to Nationwide using my details during the depositsand despite it being a joint account all the payments in show as from me on the Nat West site. Is that still ok to fulfill the deposit T&Cs for my wife?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport