NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    Can you remember the full address requested on the original form.

Chatham Maritime
    Chatham
    Kent
    ME4 4RT

There is a Freepost address on this thread, but I don't know the post number.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• binaryuniverse
    Options
    aj_m wrote: »
    Using a VPN fixes the link problem if you are affected by it.

Are you really advocating the use of a VPN to access your bank?
  • MissG80
    MissG80 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got as far as entering my details then it kicked me back to the start and now it won't let me get any further than the 'Start Application' button.

Did they switch it off and go home early on a Friday?
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    MissG80 wrote: »
    I got as far as entering my details then it kicked me back to the start and now it won't let me get any further than the 'Start Application' button.

Did they switch it off and go home early on a Friday?

Moan and ask for compensation,
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Moan and ask for compensation,

Here we go again....
  • Rafa3
    Options
    Found out you apparently can only use the existing user link once, unless you clear browser cookies and then try again.

MissG80 maybe it is the same issue as yours.
  • Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    twiglet98 wrote: »
    I don't have any digital docs. Having done the application online, and chosen the switch date, I went back to the website to check what paper documents would be acceptable ID, then made an appointment at my local branch to take them in for verification - I took my 2017 Council Tax bill, and my paper driving licence. By the time I went to the branch I had received a letter to take with me, with my application number. I was given another letter in branch, confirming my sort code and account number, and the debit card and PIN arrived a couple of days later. All pretty straightforward, the switch is complete and I'm depositing the £1500 in a series of payments. I think all the boxes are ticked, time will tell!
    I wish I'd done that instead of clicking the "call me back" button and speaking to their helpline! It was then that I was told that I could upload my HMRC letter (once it arrived) in Digidocs under the option "UK driving licence". It wasn't until the letter actually arrived that I tried to do it and discovered it wasn't possible because you need a valid driving licence reference number before you can go to the page where you upload anything (and I'm sure, now, that it wouldn't have worked anyway, but never mind).

Another call-back from the helpline and they said go in to any branch, no need for an appointment, just have the reference number with you. By this time I was getting a bit twitchy about the final deadline for switching, so I went in the very next day without doing the further research that might have told me I needed to make an appointment otherwise they wouldn't be able to access my application.

As with so much in life, once it's all done and sorted and you've achieved what you were aiming for, you usually look back and say that yes, it was worth the effort I had to put in to get there. But while you're in the middle of going to the trouble, it feels very different!
  • shandy1
    shandy1 Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    Everything for me was going fine until now. I opened the account, switched from my Clydesdale one. Received the debit card, got online banking set up and transferred in £1500 before drawing it back out in £250 chunks daily.

I've now been sent a second debit card. When first applying, I did have a issue where the application crashed so I started again. Strange.
    Just been on the phone and the customer assistant couldn't even find my account at first, and then told me my account is with William & Glyn. He transferred me through to them, which actually was RBS. They were puzzled to say the least. I've not called NatWest back yet as I was wondering if any one on here could shed any light? I'm bamboozled. !!!129300;
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,245 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    shandy1 wrote: »
    Everything for me was going fine until now. I opened the account, switched from my Clydesdale one. Received the debit card, got online banking set up and transferred in £1500 before drawing it back out in £250 chunks daily.

I've now been sent a second debit card. When first applying, I did have a issue where the application crashed so I started again. Strange.
    Just been on the phone and the customer assistant couldn't even find my account at first, and then told me my account is with William & Glyn. He transferred me through to them, which actually was RBS. They were puzzled to say the least. I've not called NatWest back yet as I was wondering if any one on here could shed any light? I'm bamboozled. !!!129300;

Unbelievable!

I mean NatWest, not you shandy1.

And of course, in their wisdom, NatWest don't show the account number on your debit card so you can't easily tell if it is linked to the same account or to a 2nd account:(

Can you see a second account in your online banking? If not, and assuming there are some funds left in the account, I would probably try both cards in an ATM and see which, if any work.

Other than that, I'd just sit tight and see what happens next :o

Please do update us on NatWest's latest muddle.
  • shandy1
    shandy1 Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    There's only one account when I login and it's the account that was set up with my first direct debit card. I've not used them yet at an ATM but I will tomorrow when I'm free.
    It doesn't bother me as long as I get the £125. I'll probably phone again tomorrow and have the exact details of accounts ready as they were a bit all over the place earlier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure