PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• arielgirl
    arielgirl Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sausage, mash, cauli, gravy
  • goldfinches
    goldfinches Posts: 2,094 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I made a red lentil dahl in the slow cooker while I was out for my afternoon walk and running my supermarket etc. errands, tasted very nice and also had some sliced radishes to go with it followed by coffee.

Food 

Food for all is a necessity.
    Food should not be a merchandise, to be bought and sold as jewels are bought and sold by those who have the money to buy.
    Food is a human necessity, like water and air, and it should be available.

From Pearl S. Buck's To My Daughters, with Love.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,011 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Maple (Skinny) and mustard lamb chops with garlic green beans tonight 
    how can maple be skinny?  you mean it's maple flavoured sugar free something??  sorry but that is just wrong!!!

And besides maple is better with pork, chicken or salmon.

(to bbq a side of salmon first marinade over night in a mix of maple syrup, rye whiskey, soy sauce and garlic) (frankly the same marinade would do nicely on the chicken or port too)
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Ellie79
    Ellie79 Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello.  I have to eat out of the freezer and cupboards so much more, due to a huge change in circumstances, this is a lot harder. My OH has had a huge dietary change and now cannot eat much of what I consider staple foods for us. I need some motivation as I love to cook and miss cooking in the way I did. I am hoping to pick a few ideas up from here (and some motivation!). 
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    @Brie it’s a stevia sweetener, I don’t use sugar, my dad ships it over to me, and mixed with Coleman’s mustard powder it’s amazing on lamb

tonight is roasted chicken breasts with creamy mushroom sauce
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,011 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    @Brie it’s a stevia sweetener, I don’t use sugar, my dad ships it over to me, and mixed with Coleman’s mustard powder it’s amazing on lamb

tonight is roasted chicken breasts with creamy mushroom sauce
    Ah!  presumably he's in the US or Canada (what I refer to as the better side of the border!)   I've never seen it but I've never liked sweeteners so have never looked.  

The chicken with mushroom sauce sounds nice.

We succumbed to ham, marscapone and mushroom pizza from Sainsbugs last night.  Fish and chips tonight (though I'll prob add a salad for me).  It's not low carbing as I know I'm supposed to be doing but I'm on holiday this week so there! <raspberry!!>
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    @Ellie79 sorry to hear about your OH, what kind of dietary restrictions do you need to work with? 

Tonight I had fish in the bag and rice...which i managed to boil over, cue much after cleaning of the hob. Also a couple of slices of grilled courgette too.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• goldfinches
    goldfinches Posts: 2,094 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    @Ellie79 - welcome to the forum and do let us know what sort of dietary restrictions you're dealing with as there's bound to be someone who's been there and done that and can give you all sorts of tips on here.

I had half a mozzarella and tomato on olive bread baguette from my too good to go bag for dinner followed by a single crunchy cashew nut butter cookie from an experimental batch I made to see if they'd be nice enough to take to my walking group outing tomorrow. I adapted a good houskeeping three ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe so that I could use some cashew nut butter that was on clearance in M*rks the other day and although the results weren't as pretty as PNB ones they still taste very nice. Here they are.

If I make them again another time I'll try lowering the oven temperature as they all came out frilly around the edges and very fragile before they'd cooled down.

Food 

Food for all is a necessity.
    Food should not be a merchandise, to be bought and sold as jewels are bought and sold by those who have the money to buy.
    Food is a human necessity, like water and air, and it should be available.

From Pearl S. Buck's To My Daughters, with Love.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We had pasta with green beans, baby tomatoes, spinach, pesto and mozzarella mixed through it. Salad and garlic bread.

Meat eaters had a pesto chicken breast with theirs. (Tesco meal deal special)
  • arielgirl
    arielgirl Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We had soup made from some chinese leaves, few left over potatoes, and a random couple of meats chopped up. OH put noodles in his soup And I had a side of chips as that was randomly what I fancied. Tonight finish a jar of pesto with pasta and some prawns mixed in. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback