PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• rachsecret
    Options
    sausage casserole (with courgette, aubergine, tomatoes, red wine, leeks, pancetta in sauce) with celeriac puree. 
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pasta sauce (tomatoes, garlic, onions, lots of herbs from the garden), cooked for a couple of hours with chunks of sausages l.o from toad in the hole yesterday. And pasta!
    L.o strudel and custard. 
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tonight I am making tagliatelle with a roasted aubergine, squash, chilli and sun dried tomato sauce (all sauce ingredients from the garden - this makes me so happy!).
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Keeping it simple tonight, LO stew and swede mash for DH, I’m having a cheese omelette 👍
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • arielgirl
    arielgirl Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lamb chops (bought frozen).. mixed with onions, veg. mushrooms, gravy - have with rice.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Salmon, roasted veg and dauphinose potatoes. 
  • rachsecret
    Options
    Brisket, roast courgette and shallots, cauliflower and broccoli with Arrowroot Yorkshire Puddings
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Had a horrible afternoon finding out some !@?! has hacked into my Nectar account and spent all the points 🤬 its with their fruad team now but need to speak to them in the morning. 
    So, lacking any motivation to cook, LO lamb hotpot and LO swede mash for me. OH had toast when he got in from work. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 October 2020 at 2:44PM
    Options
    Oh kerri, that's awful!  I have been saving my nectar points in the (possibly misguided) hope that Sainsbury's will do their double up vouchers again this November. I'd be absolutely gutted if I lost them. I hope Customer Services sort it out quickly for you.

Tonight is a bit heavy on carbs, but I feel like we need comfort food as the weather is so horrible. I have  defrosted a bit of minced beef and am in the process of stir frying this with diced onion, garlic, chilli and red pepper along with the usual suspects lineup of curry spices. I will add to that some roasted Uchiki Kuri squash and courgette (from the garden), the last handful of a pack of frozen peas and enough cooked basmati rice to make a pilaff which will feed us for at least two meals. It's only half-prepared but it's smelling good already.
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Pork and chorizo casserole, with crispy cubed spuds. Normally I cook it on the cooker in a big casserole pot but this time I put it in the slow cooker this morning and just kept it on low all day. I don't think you can over cook it unless you kept it going for 24 hours!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport