PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Continuation of the freezer destash tonight, though not entirely sure what that will be yet 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• arielgirl
    Options
    Ordered a Chinese take away last night. We had soup each and shared ''duck with cashew nuts'' and fried rice. Tonight we will share the  ''Happy family'' dish, with HM boiled rice.
  • rachsecret
    Options
    Takeaway! Mixed tandoori with saag paneer.
  • Taylorette
    Options
    klew356 said:

Im craving crumble now! One of my regular walks, there is a pear tree, an apple tree and lots of brambles hanging over the road, im dying to make a apple and bramble crumble now – darn slimming world, might do it at the weekend!

Tonight’s dinner is pork sausages and roasted vegetables, lunch is a tuna BP

Do you make the crumble with regular eating apples? As opposed to cooking apples. I've tried to make it with regular apples in the past, but they just didn't break down very well. I have a glut of apples at the moment and now no idea what to do with them!

Dinner will be lentil ragu, from the recipe on the BBC website. I was recommended it a few weeks ago and have already made it twice. Tasty, filling, and a good way to get some veg in. :smiley:
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 September 2020 at 3:39PM
    Options
    We are having home made nando's.
    Re apples, I always use eating apples in my crumble and never add sugar to the apples. 
    I love the apple cake recipe on mortgage free in three blog.
    link.
    https://www.mortgagefreeinthree.com/niklas-norwegian-apple-cake/
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Nuked a portion of pasta with courgette from the freezer tonight, with some strudel I'd taken out the other night and a good helping of cream.
    Talking of apples, i picked up some more lovely free windfalls today from the lady round the corner. Also found a pear tree too, unfortunately the pears on the footpath side are too high and I'll need to ask permission to pick on the other side as it's a private site (commercial, I'm not asking to hop into someone's garden 😂 but should ask nevertheless)
    Seem to have missed the elderberries this year sadly, most have either dropped or are sundried on the trees now.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lamb steaks roasted in butter, garlic and rosemary, with cauliflower mash and bacon and cabbage, will make enough of the sides to have again tomorrow with chicken, save me doing proper cooking again, first day back at work after leave 🥴
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • arielgirl
    Options
    Lamb steaks here tonight as well. With mash. Not sure which veg, a shopping delivery came last night with lots of choice of veg. Yorkshire puds and gravy. 
  • Julie79
    Julie79 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Roast pork with all the trimmings 
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’m doing chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and pan fried in garlic and sage leaves, to be served with steamed green veg from the garden. Desserts this week will be raspberry trifle (using a bag of shop bought frozen raspberries, and a generous slug of Chambord!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback