PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tonight is marinated chicken breast, salad, jacket potatoes and corn on the cob
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I cooked a couple of extra sausages for our bangers and mash last night, and we'll be having those as a sausage sandwich for lunch today. Dinner will be cottage pie with mixed root vegetable mash, made a couple of weeks ago from Sunday roast beef leftovers and frozen so it will be a really easy no-cook day for me today! I shall be spending the extra time weeding the polytunnel which has turned into a bit of a tropical jungle.
  • mrs_motivated
    mrs_motivated Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hot hot dogs for lunch and yesterday’s leftover ham with egg, chips and peas for dinner.
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • arielgirl
    arielgirl Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A special birthday here today but not mine. A request of boiled egg and soldiers for breakfast/lunch. Afternoon tea of donuts and cup of tea. Then a take away for dinner, which was a huge burger. Also a few celebration drinks.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Brunch was sausage casserole and waffles as i knew we were going to be out around dinnertime. Didn't manage breakfast as work was too busy.
    Seems late dinner of any sorts hasn't happened either.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Date night tonight, or more like I don’t cook night, DH is likely to pick up a takeaway 👍
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • arielgirl
    arielgirl Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 July 2020 at 1:44PM
    Options
    OH wants a fish finger and egg sandwich for lunch. I might have mackerel and microwave rice.
    We got a mixed grill starter with the take away last night but decided to keep it for today as by all accounts there appears to be enough for two meals obviously if its eaten with something else...probably fresh chips, I bought potatoes yesterday.
    Pudding is a black forest gateau. Meant for pudding yesterday but we forgot, I know, imagine forgetting that.. :D;)
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 July 2020 at 11:33AM
    Options

So im running low on fresh food so decided to treat myself to lunch from my friends café, roast pork roll and stuffing and a handful of chips. My word, what I actually got was melt in the mouth pork, copious amounts, with homemade stuffing, in a bakers roll with delicious gravy and a mound of chips and topped with crackling. It was immense but far too much so last night for dinner it was melon and grapes and yoghurt as I was still full!

Breakfast was the same and lunch is tuna pasta salad.

Tonight not sure yet!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure