What are you making for dinner?

7K replies 452.1K views

Replies

• mrs_motivatedmrs_motivated Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Sunday Roast for us, pork, carrots, peas and broccoli, roast potatoes, yorky puds. Only 2 of us today so will dice the leftover pork to use in a biryani later in the week.

Just made a crust less quiche which will do for lunches with some salad for the next day or so, so quite organised considering we are in the middle of decorating.
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Home made meatloaf from the freezer for us tonight, with cauliflower, carrots and peas. I really want some mashed potatoes with it but it's a CARBS ARE THE DEVIL day, so no. :)

I've also cooked ahead for tomorrow's meat free Monday supper - I've made a mushroom, cashew nut, and cream curry called Makhani Kumbe. It's lush.
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    joedenise wrote: »
    Meals changed round today so main meal at lunchtime. DH is cooking a leg of lamb on the BBQ - DH, partner & child coming. I will do potatoes & veg indoors.

Tonight we'll have some cheese on toast with a bit of salad.

Denise

Lunch was so big don't think I'm going to be needing the cheese on toast tonight!

Denise
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another portion of sausage with honey and mustard sauce (remaining portion in the freezer), with mash n chives and some petit pois.

Yesterday was two helpings at a big Buffett place by the stadium, plus choc fountain covered marshmallows and fruit for pud....was totally stuffed.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    More soup for lunch today and cold gammon with new potatoes and salad for supper followed by rhubarb crumble and custard.
  • klew356klew356 Forumite
    788 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    lunch is sweetcorn and chorizo chowder with some cold meat and supper will be a small roast gammon joint with pineapple, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and broad beans and the last of a blueberry and pear crumble i made a couple f days ago with some custard.
    sounds delish!:t
  • klew356klew356 Forumite
    788 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday was a late brunch of bacon rolls and a lot of running about here there and everywhere, had intended on having steak last night but when it came down it to I couldn’t be bothered to prepare and didn’t think it would be appreciate due to tiredness so had a lovely and very plain cheese omelette, immense, Gavin and Stacey style.
    Tonight is steak night and later in the week its mince based, maybe lasagne for a change. Lunches will be coronation chicken sandwiches then egg orientated. Hopefully getting keys to new house on Thursday so dinners need to be made and ready to ping!
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fast day today

Yoghurt and fruit for breakfast
    HM veg soup for lunch
    Cauliflower cheese for dinner

Drinking enough water to make my eyeballs float ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • JazeeJazee Forumite
    7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duck wraps here.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread 2020 #104 Aug £0 Total £1629.16/£3600
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still working my way through the Quorn stuff OH can't / won't eat now - so southern coated quorn burger for me tonight with Jersey Royals and petit pois.

Did a bit of a top up shop in Lid! today and realised really how much cheaper it is than other stores - have been using Sainsbobs to stock OH up on GF stuff - £38 the other night for barely a basket worth of food :eek:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16