Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

What are you making for dinner? - Page 421

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

What are you making for dinner?

7.6K replies 480.5K views

Replies

• JazeeJazee Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asparagus and pesto omelettes here tonight
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread 2020 #104 Sep £0 Total £1649.16/£3600
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am a happy bunny today, I have lost 5lb in 2 weeks, fair few still to shift, but it’s headed the right way :)

Lamb chump chop coated in Indian spices with big salad, am going to celebrate with a gin and slim :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • SoworriedSoworried Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Islandmaid :)

Tonight I'm making Hunters chicken with spicy fried mushrooms and a small garlic flat bread
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very well done IM! Your menus always sound so delicious, it just goes to show you can eat lovely meals and still lose weight.

Tonight we are having basa fillets baked in coconut milk and red chilli, served with stir fried Chinese veg. Strawberries for pud again.
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight for us was YS sea bass fillets with oven chips (using potatoes not frozen!) and peas. Was absolutely delicious.

May have some fruit, jelly & either yoghurt or quark later if peckish, otherwise will have tomorrow!

Denise
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maisy_Moo wrote: »
    last night was h/m meatballs and pasta and tonight is another batch of h/m meatballs with h/m potato wedges and some leftover fridge raider veg. Interesting how we are all craving comfort food in June! I keep looking at all your mash and dumpling dishes. Mmm

Chicken casserole with dumplings and petit pois here tonight. OH had tomato soup.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JILJIL Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had cheese on toast with tomato. Just what I fancied, others had fish and chips.
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steak and salad tonight, a few chips for DH
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have made some vegetarian scotch eggs which we'll have with salad for lunch.

Tonight will be one of my favourite curries - butternut squash & sweet potato. Will have with some pilau rice.

Denise
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still in need of comfort food, so tonight I am making meatballs baked in a Yorkshire pudding batter. I think it’s a Jamie Oliver recipe, it was something I saw on telly on the Food Network recently.

Giant Jaffa Cake (from the OS recipe index) for pud.