edited 2 May 2020 at 11:05PM in Old Style MoneySaving
10.3K replies 632.5K views

Replies

• FrithFrith Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A nice tea tonight.

Salmon baked in the oven, flaked into pasta with peas and mayo. My younger son’s favourite!

Then we made a banoffee pie but with strawberries on top, not bananas.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    It's like the food version of the word association game - Timmy Mallet will be popping up next :rotfl:
    Finchy2018 wrote: »
    Sausage, mash and beans. Just what we need when there is a monsoon occurring outside

Ohhh, all these sausages floating about on the threat it's becoming like a Carry On film :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really couldn't be bothered tonight, we had salad, husband had new potatoes and breaded chicken strips with his., I had a potato salad with mayo, spring onions, and chopped up vege sausages and wholegrain mustard which was plonked on top of my leaves. It was nicer than it sounds.
    10.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JIL wrote: »
    Really couldn't be bothered tonight, we had salad, husband had new potatoes and breaded chicken strips with his., I had a potato salad with mayo, spring onions, and chopped up vege sausages and wholegrain mustard which was plonked on top of my leaves. It was nicer than it sounds.

I think it might be the use of the word 'plonked' JIL ;):rotfl:

Tonight OH is having a GF goats cheese and sweet potato pie, I will have a Quorn pie he can no longer have. Will rustle up some beans for him, salad for me poss or green beans and some cubed potatoes roasted (because they're too small to make into HM chips)
    JAN NSD 11/16

• I'll probably be cooking us spag bol, hopefully to be served with some of the Italian red wine I brought back from my holiday.
  • klew356klew356 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight we are going to the local Italian restaurant which is very popular and delicious for my DD birthday, I already know what im having but is it starter and main or main and pud, decisions decisions, light lunch today after a big meeting this morning eek
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had roast beef on Sunday, and Mr C J likes it cooked rare. I diced up the leftover joint and put it in the slow cooker yesterday with lots of veg, seasonings and beef stock and it's made the most gorgeous, tender, tasty filling for a pie tonight (and tomorrow as well).

Dessert will be home made rice pudding with home grown stewed rhubarb on top. The weather is so cold, wet and miserable that we're craving comfort food!
  • Maisy_MooMaisy_Moo Forumite
    92 Posts
    Eating out today as we are off to see Kelly Jones (lead singer of Stereophonics) this evening and a look around very wet Bath today. Not impressed with Flaming June ��
    10.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maisy_Moo wrote: »
    Eating out today as we are off to see Kelly Jones (lead singer of Stereophonics) this evening and a look around very wet Bath today. Not impressed with Flaming June ��

Ohhhh, is he doing a solo performance? Some of the best songwriting around IMO, I am most envious.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    LO beef from Sunday roast will be made into Beef Chow Mein with ginger, garlic, spring onions, chilli, red peppers, broccoli using instant noodles as found 2 packs at back of the cupboard
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130