PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Any ideas re what to do with Burrata Deliziosa?

I bought it just wbecause it was in the reduced section, & reckoned - from the all-Italian text on the packaging! - on it being some sort of cream cheese.

(Most of our purchases in the reduced section are also a good opportunity to try 'something new' ! ;) )

We like cheeses so I thought I might try it with pasta.

But, having fiound the manufacturer's webpage, was surprised to find NO recipes (http://www.prodottideliziosa.it/en/fresh-cheese/burrata-and-products-with-cream/). No suggestions either at the supermarket webpsge (Deliziosa Burrata Cheese 125g: https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=44&productId=1204574&storeId=10151). And a search at Google only really leads to a brief description at Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrata#Serving_suggestions

Any ideas? (Before I just bung it in with cooked pasta, & something meaty!) I have a tin of crab meat that I need to use up, so thought I might add that the the burrata & pasta, but don't know if this 'curd cheese' will be too cheesy in flavour rather than creamy.

[P.S. hope I have posted this in the correct forum & thread!]

Ohhh that looks yummy, I would be tempted to have it with some crusty bread, cured meats, olives and tomatoes as a kind of antipasti plate.

Dinner tonight for me was the last of the over rosmaried lamb hot pot from the freezer. Rather glad that's gone, lamb was a bit disappointing tbh.
    OH had mushy peas on toast. He's doing a charity sleepout tonight so I've sent him off with a flask of tomato soup. Sadly I couldn't do it too as he needs an emergency contact who isn't taking part...so I've opted to step up and take the warm bed option tonight...it's a tough job but...;)
    Seriously though, they are fundraising for the homeless and vunerable, really makes you think, esp on Black Friday.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had lunch out, so just a sandwich for me. Others had fish and chips from the local. There were enough chips to feed the street and it was supposed to be one large bag. What a waste.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,616 Forumite
    Options
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We're having beef curry tonight.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Cappella
    Options
    Cumbrian tatie pot with pickled beetroot. No dessert today.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Leftover veg and mash for tea. Kind of bubble and sqeak but with broccoli carrots and cauli. Maybhave with bacon and fried egg. OH at the Nec all weekend so just me
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • JIL
    Options
    I went to the local M&S foodhall, I wanted some biscuits for the food hampers I do our parents for Christmas. They were reducing the food. I asked the young man if I could have one of the salads he was reducing, there were six of them. He answered that I couldn't, I would have to wait until he put it on the shelf. So I did.
    I then spotted other bits, our dinner was salmon mousse, tuna pate, salad and bread as starters. Liver and bacon with mash, vege Kiev and a fruit jelly to finish. Total cost of £3.80. I don't usually eat ready meals but really enjoyed my dinner tonight.
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    Tonight's fayre for me was potato waffles, beans and a poached egg. I am regressing back to studenthood
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Tonight's fayre for me was potato waffles, beans and a poached egg. I am regressing back to studenthood

Did you cook the waffles in the toaster? :D
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    JIL wrote: »
    Did you cook the waffles in the toaster? :D

These ones went under the grill....the two out of the box before however...:o
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family