PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• ScarletRaven
    Options
    Currently cooking a "throw whatever we've got in" stew for dinner tonight lol, which turned out to be a tin of potatoes, some frozen chopped leek, an onion, 2 carrots that have seen better days, and the 3 Linda McCartney sausages we had left. All in the slow cooker with a bay leaf and some veg stock. Smells good! :)
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Hm stteak and mushroom pie with mash and veg.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Wraithlady
    Options
    Shakshouka ( adapted to leave out the red peppers, as they are not kind to my digestive system) with pasta, followed by HM ginger cake and custard.

It's cold, I need the stodge
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Soup and cold meat for lunch and bubble and squeak laced with the rest of the cooked sausages from last night for supper for us tonight!

And a cup of black coffee? :D
    K80_Black wrote: »
    Hope you're feeling better, kerri gt and Mrs Lurcherwalker!

Just making a stir fry tonight, I think. I have plenty of veg in the fridge that needs using up.

Feeling much better than I was thank you, throats still sore but feeling less like I've swallowed glass edged golf balls. :eek:

Tonight I has chicken super noodles with some added chicken and broccoli ... added the extras so it didn't look quite such a terrible meal and I could at least say it had veg in it :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We had chilli con carne, out of the freezer, nachos with cheese and rice. Took 20 mins to warm it up.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I know one thing for sure if I don’t get something out of the freezer at lunch time it could well be a takeaway, likely a Chinese for tea!
  • K80_Black
    Options
    klew356 wrote: »
    I know one thing for sure if I don’t get something out of the freezer at lunch time it could well be a takeaway, likely a Chinese for tea!

Thanks for the reminder!

We ended up having pizza last night (from the freezer, not takeout) as the OH fancied one.

So, stir fry tonight instead then. I will make this man eat vegetables if it kills me.
  • APennySaved
    APennySaved Posts: 215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 November 2018 at 6:34PM
    Options
    Any ideas re what to do with Burrata Deliziosa?

I bought it just wbecause it was in the reduced section, & reckoned - from the all-Italian text on the packaging! - on it being some sort of cream cheese.

(Most of our purchases in the reduced section are also a good opportunity to try 'something new' ! ;) )

We like cheeses so I thought I might try it with pasta.

But, having fiound the manufacturer's webpage, was surprised to find NO recipes (http://www.prodottideliziosa.it/en/fresh-cheese/burrata-and-products-with-cream/). No suggestions either at the supermarket webpsge (Deliziosa Burrata Cheese 125g: https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=44&productId=1204574&storeId=10151). And a search at Google only really leads to a brief description at Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrata#Serving_suggestions

Any ideas? (Before I just bung it in with cooked pasta, & something meaty!) I have a tin of crab meat that I need to use up, so thought I might add that the the burrata & pasta, but don't know if this 'curd cheese' will be too cheesy in flavour rather than creamy.

[P.S. hope I have posted this in the correct forum & thread!]
    APennySaved

Money, money, money . . . ! ;)

[QUOTATION:] " You do realise 'vintage' is a middle-class word for 'second-hand' " (Dane Baptiste, comedian)
  • K80_Black
    Options
    Any ideas re what to do with Burrata Deliziosa?

I bought it just wbecause it was in the reduced section, & reckoned - from the all-Italian text on the packaging! - on it being some sort of cream cheese.

(Most of our purchases in the reduced section are also a good opportunity to try 'something new' ! ;) )

We like cheeses so I thought I might try it with pasta.

But, having fiound the manufacturer's webpage, was surprised to find NO recipes (http://www.prodottideliziosa.it/en/fresh-cheese/burrata-and-products-with-cream/). No suggestions either at the supermarket webpsge (Deliziosa Burrata Cheese 125g: https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=44&productId=1204574&storeId=10151). And a search at Google only really leads to a brief description at Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrata#Serving_suggestions

Any ideas? (Before I just bung it in with cooked pasta, & something meaty!) I have a tin of crab meat that I need to use up, so thought I might add that the the burrata & pasta, but don't know if this 'curd cheese' will be too cheesy in flavour rather than creamy.

[P.S. hope I have posted this in the correct forum & thread!]

After having a swift google, my first idea was to stir it into some pasta with some mushrooms and bacon or similar - pop the lid off and have a taste, see how creamy or cheesy it is and make it up as you go along, is my only suggestion!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,193 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A strange mixture of frozen portions of butternut squash curry plus cauliflower cheese. Plus a portion of chips from the van in the village.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback