Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

What are you making for dinner? - Page 276

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

What are you making for dinner?

7.8K replies 491.8K views

Replies

• Olliebeak1951Olliebeak1951 Forumite
    386 posts
    First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Just done Actifry Chips with Omelets - Tomato for OH and Mushroom for me :drool:.
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had mashed potatoes, broccoli, kale, baked tomatoes and salmon.
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think OH is having something with curry and rice tonight based on last nights conversation. I have just got the LO portion of a disappointing Balinese curry out of the freezer - I watered it down a bit to stretch the sauce and cook the Quorn chunks but it ended up a bit tasteless and a portion has been lingering in the freezer ever since as I am loathed to throw out otherwise perfectly good food.
    Since i can't actually taste anything anyway, I may as well make use of this cold and have that tonight.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

386 posts
    First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Home made Leek & Potato Soup for us this evening with Tuna Mayo Salad Sandwiches for OH and Roast Pork Salad Sandwiches for me :drool:.
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have made carrot, chilli and coconut soup for lunch and a spinach and ricotta lasagne for tonight's supper. It was going to be spinach and ricotta cannelloni, but lasagne seemed easier and slightly less faff. No matter how carefully I try and pipe the filling into the pasta tubes, half of it always ends up squwooshing out all over my hands, grr.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pork steaks with apples in a honey balsamic glaze with new potatoes and spinach
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
    9.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    I I have just got the LO portion of a disappointing Balinese curry out of the freezer - I watered it down a bit to stretch the sauce and cook the Quorn chunks but it ended up a bit tasteless and a portion has been lingering in the freezer ever since as I am loathed to throw out otherwise perfectly good food.
    Since i can't actually taste anything anyway, I may as well make use of this cold and have that tonight.

Unfortunately there is also enough left for tomorrow. :(
    JAN NSD 11/16

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greek style chicken breast, roasted them with potato wedges, garlic gloves and red onion wedges, with olive oil, lemon juice and oregano - served with a big old Greek salad, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and feta, it was Yum ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
    386 posts
    First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Lazy evening for me - Potato Waffles (from freezer) with Baked Beans and Eggs :drool:.
    9.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Added some roast chicken stripped from a drumstick to the disappointing curry tonight, made it more palletable. Thankfully it's now finished. Not many HM ready meals left in the freezer so willl work through as much as I can and use up those bits that always get overlooked before shopping.
    JAN NSD 11/16