PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• JennyDavis
    JennyDavis Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 23 June at 10:49AM
    Options

Homemade spicy burgers are my latest culinary delight. They take some time to prepare, but the effort is absolutely worth it in the end. The satisfaction of biting into a perfectly spiced, juicy burger that you crafted from scratch is unparalleled. Now that I have some help from https://academized.com/write-my-research-paper, I can finally allow myself to make proper homemade meals without feeling rushed or stressed about my assignments. Having a bit of extra time has reignited my passion for cooking. I can experiment with different ingredients, perfect my recipes, and enjoy the process of creating delicious meals.

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, the Thai meal was disappointing, weirdly flavourless…

dunno about food tonight, did buy steak for Father’s Day, might do that. Or Mongolian beef Stirfry, whichever we go for the other will be for tomorrow 

weather is awful, we have an annual race here, the Round the Island, with 100’s of boats taking part, many of the classic and smaller class boats have been cancelled due to high winds, such a shame for them.  

Wash out of a summer so far 😫
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 11,121 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 June at 1:32PM
    Options
    weather is awful, we have an annual race here, the Round the Island, with 100’s of boats taking part, many of the classic and smaller class boats have been cancelled due to high winds, such a shame for them.  

Wash out of a summer so far 😫
    When you consider that some of the boats might have come quite some distance it's a shame when things are cancelled.  But health and safety etc.  I suspect the RNLI is happy to relax a bit.

Can't complain about summer yet as it's still officially spring until next week.  

OH has just suggested kfc=ish or chicken for the bbq.  both of which mean he doesn't want to cook I guess!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • goldfinches
    goldfinches Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Weather here is also very windy and has been all day, it's a pity about the race @Islandmaid and I agree that this year's summer hasn't really started yet and am crossing my fingers for July, August and September. I'm wondering if this is going to be another "year without a summer" like 1816.

Anyway to warm me up I made this Aubergine Curry and fished a naan bread out of the freezer to eat with it. 

"Only the most pleasant characters in this book are portraits of living people and the events here recorded unfortunately never took place"

The Tiger In The Smoke
    by
    Margery Allingham
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We popped into town yesterday, it was full of disappointed, but safe sailors. Had a quick pint in our favourite pub and ended up having a ploughman’s, with some of the best ham I’ve ever tasted. Was huge, so we didn’t really want anything in the evening.  Did manage a portion of Biscoff cheesecake I had made for Father’s Day 😉

today will be steak, peppercorn sauce, asparagus, salad, chips or jacket potato with more of the cheesecake available. 

Happy Father’s Day to those amazing men, past and present who brighten our lives and am thinking of my own dad, who passed 6 months ago - miss him 🥲
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Options
    Happy Father’s Day to those amazing men, past and present who brighten our lives and am thinking of my own dad, who passed 6 months ago - miss him 🥲
    OH casually suggested going to the riverside restaurant for their carvery today and I must admit I snorted with laughter.  It's precisely the sort of place that gets booked up full on special occasions and no doubt would be full of families celebrating Father's Day.  And a lot of those fathers (& quite a few mothers) may well be grumpy not being able to see the first England game so best to give it a miss!

I'll wave to my dad's self portrait that he gave me a couple of months before he died about 20 years back.  OH's dad died several years back but never agreed with "made up celebrations" of any sort.  (weddings and funerals only).  And no kids so not expecting anything from that direction.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Brie
    Options
    I'm fond of the Aldi steaks.  And then I'll have one from a particularly good butcher shop and am amazed at the difference.  Price not that much more at all but a better example of a cut.  

Tonight it's pork chops on the BBQ with rice and courgette.  
  • Teapot55
    Teapot55 Posts: 755 Forumite
    Options
    Quick Pasta Dish made with leftover Chicken 

Ingredients in order of adding to pan:

Rapeseed Oil 
    Chopped Onion ) fry gently with lid on till soft 
    Chopped Celery )
    Garlic (finely chopped)
    Black Pepper to taste
    Double Cream 
    Chopped Cooked Leftover Chicken 

Just before serving add cooked pasta and chopped leftover spring onions

Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan and chopped parsley or ripped basil leaves.

Accompanying vegetables as required. We served with cooked mushrooms and tomatoes yesterday. 

All quantities are to taste and depending how much you have as leftovers but obviously go sparingly on the oil/ double cream/ parmesan!

would've . . . could've . . . should've . . .

A.A.A.S. (Associate of the Acronym Abolition Society)

There's definitely no 'a' in 'definitely'.
  • goldfinches
    goldfinches Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    Options
    I had the last of the Aubergine Curry with added frozen spinach and a handful of tofu cubes with rice, sweetcorn, lamb's lettuce, yoghurt, cucumber, mint, crispy onions and lime pickle.

"Only the most pleasant characters in this book are portraits of living people and the events here recorded unfortunately never took place"

The Tiger In The Smoke
    by
    Margery Allingham
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family