What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,229
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have vague hopes of a pub dinner out - we've got to go off into the countryside to see a chap about kitchen flooring and there's a good few recommended pubs along the route.  Then again we're aiming to be at his about 3 and that shouldn't take more than an hour max so it might end up just being a pint somewhere and home for bread and cheese.  I've laid in supplies for the coming birthday celebrations (birthday month starting very soon!) so we might get into those early.  There's extra nice cold meats and melty cheesy things.  Alternative would be for me to make a butternut squash soup.....decisions, decisions.....
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I have just put some roasted vegetables in the oven, one smaller tray with chicken and chorizo and one larger with some smoky artichokes. 
    I will have the non meat veggies with some mozzarella that needs eating and the leftovers will make pasta salad for lunch tomorrow with some feta.

• Brie
    Forumite
    No pub dinner but we have sausages and mash ready to be cooked up.  And then a sticky apple pudding from Lidl with custard!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,451
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    More freezer stash, sausage with caramelised onion in sub rolls - we’ll it’s Friday… cba 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Forumite
    Big lunch out with my art class - salt and pepper squid to start and lamb rump steak on chive mash with green beans and roasted veg.  Excellent food.  Conversation was equal to that - I thought we'd be there for maybe an hour and a half, two hours max.  Well we rolled out after about 3 hours.

So having already had a breakfast of scrambled eggs on muffin and the lunch tonight will be subdued.  OH has defrosted the prawn ring I got at Lidl last week, there's bread and cheese too.  There will also be a bit of fizz with violet syrup to make some lovely birthday kirs.  
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,451
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2023 at 12:30PM
    Gunpowder chicken thighs and pomegranate coleslaw 🙌

edit:typo
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Forumite
    duck breasts with pak choy and possibly rice.  I was going to go to M&S and use a voucher I have to buy a birthday cake but OH came home with a dozen Lidl cupcakes yesterday so no need really.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback