We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What are you making for dinner?

1…11281129113111331134…1591

Comments

  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 19,829
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I get tinned artichokes from Waitrose - there doesn't seem to be any problem with supply. 
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    @goldfinches so frustrating when that happens. Our local asda has a habit of stocking things for a week, then next time you go they've totally disappeared without even a shelf on the space, as though they never existed!

    I will have to take a look in sainsburys and waitrose next time I am near one (neither are local to me).


    Tonight we made (vegan) tom kha which we had with Thai crackers and spring rolls. The tom kha was delicious and definitely our best one to date. 
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 9,225
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    Forumite
    A neighbour gave us a bag of rhubarb from their allotment so I made 2 crumbles when cooking dinner.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,900
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Had a headache, so a quick dinner of new potatoes or croquettes. With pies, I had quorn, daughter had chicken and husband had steak. With tenderstem broccoli, broad beans and mushy peas, all with gravy. 

  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,626
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Lasagne and salad here tonight, pork belly for me 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

    £300/£130
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 9,225
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    Forumite
    I have an opened pack of wraps in the fridge to use. I will do breaded chicken strips and salad in the wraps.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 17,824
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    it's either tuna steaks or burgers.  i await the chef's pleasure.  meanwhile I'm going to have a brandy and soda in a bit.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards.  If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board:  https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

    Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK

    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”  Nellie McClung
    ⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Potato wedges (made with YS potatoes), halloumi, flatbread (YS), hummus and olives. OH also had chicken (YS) that he added a HM gyros spice mix to. Enjoyed in the garden with a cocktail (vanilla vodka, passion fruit liquor, aldi still tropical lemonade and regular lemonade topped with home grown strawberries).

    As it's Friday I picked us up a treat for dessert from a local bakery. Raspberry jam doughnut for OH, raspberry and pistachio cake for me.

    A delicious evening! 
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,626
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    We have a weekend alone, so will do a simple deli board with HM grain free seed crackers, HM bread for him, nuts, grapes etc

    pud strawberries from the garden with whipped cream 🤩
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

    £300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,414
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I’m making cod in parsley sauce for us tonight, also with strawberries from the garden for pud!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.