PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tagliatelle with a sauce made from onions, cherry tomatoes, black olives and feta. It was simple but really delicious. 

Now for TV and popcorn! 
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Smoosh said:
    Tagliatelle with a sauce made from onions, cherry tomatoes, black olives and feta. It was simple but really delicious. 

Now for TV and popcorn! 
    Is that like the TikTok dish? Sounds delicious. I will write back over the weekend 😘
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    BBQ Chicken kebabs, HM French bread, Isreali couscous salad
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oven roasted portobello mushrooms stuffed with rice, cheese, spinach, shallot and bacon - all apart from the bacon was from the Community Fridge this week, so almost a free dinner. 

I continue to be amazed by how much excellent quality food is collected by the Fridge, which would otherwise go to landfill. This week they also had cartons of stuff such as red kidney beans, chopped tomatoes and passata (branded as being from a well known weekly menu box company) with a use by date of 2023!
  • Smoosh
    Options
    Smoosh said:

Now for TV and popcorn! 
    Is that like the TikTok dish? Sounds delicious. I will write back over the weekend 😘
    Similar! We fried diced onions then added in quartered cherry tomatoes and chopped black olives and let it all cook. Then stirred in the pasta (leaving it quite wet to loosen the sauce) and crumbled in half a block of feta. We did try the TikTok recipe a while ago - I found it a bit sickly, but we probably used too much feta! 

Hope you're doing OK ❤️
  • Smoosh
    Options
    Tonight we had Quorn nuggets, mash (YS) and beans. 
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,928 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just a snack here as been a busy and tiring day.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/325
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 76
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bbq boned leg of lamb with lemon, garlic and oregano, roasted med veg with Greek salad 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’ve put a leg of lamb in the slow cooker on a base of thickly sliced onion, potato and yellow pepper and flavoured with rosemary, oregano, black pepper, garlic cloves, some lemon peel and a mug of chicken stock. It’s been on low since 8.00am and smells amazing already!
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,023 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Pork roast today from our fav pig farmer.  We've a few tiddly potatoes which I think I'll be roasting with onions, peppers and courgettes.  Might add some cherry tomatoes as well.  OH has demanded there be yorkshires which isn't a problem as there's a big bag in the freezer (Aunt B's I think).  Likely bananas and cream for afters.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback