edited 3 May 2020 at 12:05AM in Old style MoneySaving
11.7K replies 705.8K views

Replies

• C_JC_J Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Delicious, @Florenceem

It’s been a busy day in the office today, rather than working from home, so I need a quick and easy dinner. I’m making spaghetti with a garlicky mushroom cream sauce, with a slice of arctic roll for pud.
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I need a quick meal tonight as we are going out again to the SA. I am going to do roasted potato bits - got potatoes that need to be used. Veggies in the fridge will be roasted in balsamic vinegar and oil and I have some Chilli Bratwurst - FF to go in a Ciabatta roll.
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Forumite
    We had a yummy hot pot followed by crumble & custard at the SA last night.
    I took the cakes that I baked yesterday along to the SA today - the lunch & Bible study group has got bigger - but I do have some cake left for tonight's event. I made a lemon + an orange + a ginger cake.

that's it @Florenceem
    I'm taking the oven gloves off and going to demand your location!!!   I WANT CAKE! I WANT CAKE!!

meanwhile in our household it's tuna steaks with new potatoes.  the chef requested jerseys but either the tescos is too tiddly or otherwise they are not yet available.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Spag Bol here, without the spag for me 🙃
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Forumite
    himself says he wants to stop for a curry after we see Barry Humphries this evening.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • C_JC_J Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm making coconut-crusted oven baked cod fillets served with a side of sag aloo.
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Forumite
    We ate at the SA today - chicken pie followed by ginger/pear sponge & custard.
    Plan to do a chicken curry tomorrow.
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    @Brie Lidl had an offer on Albert Whats-HisFace jersey royals a couple of weeks ago (albeit the bags seemed very small and i don't think it was just a reduction in plastic packaging) so they do seem to be about.

They do seem a little later than usual this year though, or that could just be me...i nearly wrote 2020 on something the other week!
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• SmooshSmoosh Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Forumite
    Thai red curry with broccoli, carrot, green beans, baby corn (all veg YS), Quorn chicken and rice.

Followed by cherry bakewell cookies (YS). 
  • edited 25 May at 11:29PM
    JILJIL Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 25 May at 11:29PM
    We had tuna nicoise today with Jersey royal potatoes. Really enjoyed it, although I think I overcooked the tuna.

And drum roll....I wont be cooking again until Sunday, we are out for the next three days.