PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,403 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Moroccan chicken with broccoli
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We were going to go out tonight for an anniversary meal but have decided instead to stay in and have chicken and chips instead.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy anniversary Jazee and Mr Jazee!

lunch today will be soup and we'll have that out as we're going to see a Heath Robinson drawing exhibition at one of the local National Trust properties this morning. They have a nice restaurant so it will be a treat.

Supper tonight will be the other half of the Sag Paneer I made yesterday (was delicious too) with some dahl and a naan bread, fresh fruit and plain skyr for pud and a cup of coffee.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Inspired by Mr T's 3 for £1.00 veg offer, I've got a pork joint out of the freezer and will do a dinner which will include stuffing, roast potatoes, white cabbage, carrots and a couple of other veg (or I have sprouts and cauliflower in the freezer).
    I'll probably pick up extra carrots & parsnip to boil, mash and freeze.
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thankyou for dumpling advice, in the end I peeled spuds for them to boil.
    tonight we have faggots from the butchers in Herefordshire (my sister brought them down with her) with mash, carrots, peas and onion gravy.
    .tomorrow I was going to make flamingo eggs with crusty bread but now i'm thinking or either whitebait or spiced mackerel fillets with chips and peas
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Inspired by Mr T's 3 for £1.00 veg offer, I've got a pork joint out of the freezer and will do a dinner which will include stuffing, roast potatoes, white cabbage, carrots and a couple of other veg (or I have sprouts and cauliflower in the freezer).
    I'll probably pick up extra carrots & parsnip to boil, mash and freeze.

Oooer, I never knew about that. When did that start?

We are having a roast tonight as well. Stuffed chicken breast with roasted carrots, parsnips and spuds and sprouts for those that do - I don't
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Oooer, I never knew about that. When did that start?

We are having a roast tonight as well. Stuffed chicken breast with roasted carrots, parsnips and spuds and sprouts for those that do - I don't
    I'm not sure, I picked it up from here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5812070
    So - carrots, white cabbage and broccoli.

I also picked up 2 x 2.5kg bags of Desiree potatoes reduced from £2.00 to 88p - "best for creamy mash" so that's my job for this afternoon. Had to do a mental check if I'd got room in my freezer.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Doing pasta with a pea, mint & bacon cream sauce.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've made a huge vat of chilli con carne (with added dark chocolate melted into it, yum!) so that's what we'll be having tonight.

I have one solitary (but very large) cooking apple left over from making a tarte tatin earlier in the week so will think of something for pud to use that up. It's large enough to feed the two of us if I bake it with sultanas, brown sugar and butter, maybe some other stuff thrown in (I am thinking chopped dried apricots, some ground almonds and a good glug of brandy maybe).
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I'm not sure, I picked it up from here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5812070
    So - carrots, white cabbage and broccoli.

I also picked up 2 x 2.5kg bags of Desiree potatoes reduced from £2.00 to 88p - "best for creamy mash" so that's my job for this afternoon. Had to do a mental check if I'd got room in my freezer.

Ill not bother then, don't like broccoli nor white cabbage and the carrots will no doubt start getting black if I buy 3 bags
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback