PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Shoes and handbags?
    And you're going to a wedding?
    Go back!
    Drop whatever you're doing and go back right now to see if they fit!
    ;)

I went back today, shoes were still there, fit perfectly - only too high for me to be comfortable all day :(

However I found a beautiful blazer. I don't know how to describe the colour, its like blue and teal stripes - different so they merge, with a black velvet jacquard over the top. Well whatever its beautiful, looks unworn as its dry clean only with not a mark, for £8

Looks great with me jeans :)
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gem-gem: I've read all the Chris Carter books (except his latest) and enjoyed them.
    If you like Chris Carter, try Luke Delaney - excellent imo.
    Normal people worry me.
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,403 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Gem-gem: I've read all the Chris Carter books (except his latest) and enjoyed them.
    If you like Chris Carter, try Luke Delaney - excellent imo.

Thank you. I will add him to my growing list of authors.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Gem-gem wrote: »
    My aunt suggested David Baldacci. This was the first one of his that I have read. I will look out for the others that you have suggested, either at the library or cs.
    No, I haven't read Nelson de Mille. Will look out for the author.
    I am reading my was through James Patterson Alex Cross series. I have read all his Private books.
    I am also reading John Grisham - the Rooster Bar at the moment - really enjoying it.
    Claire Macintosh has published two books. I have read 'I see you' and have got 'I let you go' to read.
    Have you read any Chris Carter? I have read the crucifix Killer, which was good. Have just got another one to read.
    Thank you Pollycat.
    A lady from NZ recommended David Baldacci to us when we were in Penang almost 20 years ago.
    Absolute Power was filmed with Clint Eastwood and Gene Hackman.

Not read Chris Carter but I've made a note.

So...back on topic:
    bargains today are:
    • a lightweight, very soft, very long scarf in shades of green, burgundy & dusky pink and navy & smoky grey.It has some paisley on and some bees. £1.00 Hospice
    • Per Una Weekend (I thought it was Autograph Weekend?) 3/4 sleeved dress in a lovely grey stripe with darker grey flowers on it. £3.00 Hospice
    • Per Una skirt in green with a lovely tropical print with jades, lilacs, purples, pinks and copper. £1.50 Barnados
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lovely red georgette embroidered pareo in the Lions CS in Wroxham - £2.50. DH bought a CD still in it's cellophane wrapper for £1 and an Alister McLean hardback £1.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 27 April 2018 at 3:40PM
    Options
    hi I am the proud owner of a lovely pair of hotter toe post sandals they have a flower on the top lovely for summer if we get any :eek: cost £3 from cr

had a good rummage in a travel cot in dr b 4 pairs of trousers for a quid I got some m and s pj's that when I got them home were bnwt cant be bad...happy hunting over the weekend
    onwards and upwards
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I managed to buy a lovely big rug for £5. We have started to let a section of our home on Airbnb and we have managed to do it with the help of charity shops.About 80 per cent is charity shops,only a few close friends know,it's nice when we let people in to stay with us and their first comment is wow this if great it's do homely.

Yesterday I managed to buy 4 plates,4 dishes,4 side plates,6 tumblers and a jacket for myself for £3.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today was the local hospice's occasional jumble sale. The first one was so popular they have decided to make it a regular bi-weekly event now :j Anyhoo, today's finds.....

Pair of George, navy, capri-styled trousers still with the plastic tag thing attached so I would guess are unworn, £2. M & S long sleeved sweatshirt in a neat navy & plum pattern, looks new but has been washed as can smell the fabric softener! £1. White, Aquascutum, long sleeved sweatshirt with their signature fabric binding round the neck, feels very good quality, £1. Long, pure silk scarf in a country garden pattern in shades of pink/lavender/blue, 50p. They has a discount of £1 off if spending over £3 so got the lot for £3.50 :D
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Popped into the Clan shop in Rosemount this morning for a browse & they had a 1/2 price clothing sale on ladies!!!8217; stuff so I basically have a new work wardrobe for £25!:

- Blue Spice khaki slim chinos for £1.75
    - M&S beige chinos for £1.75
    - St John!!!8217;s Bay brown chinos for £2.00
    - White stuff long sleeve white polo top for £1.50
    - M&S blue & white striped linen shirt for £2.00
    - Fuscia pink Francesca collections lace top (BNWT labelled at £40!) for £1.50
    - M&S mustard jumper for £1.50
    - Dorothy Perkins off-the-shoulder Fame-style white jumper for £1.50
    - M&S Per Una flowery cotton top for £1.75
    - Black velvet skirt for £2.50
    - M&S purple real leather handbag for £4.50

I!!!8217;m over the moon as half of my work chinos have about had it & I!!!8217;ve been looking for a lace top & velvet skirt for ages!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Blimey well done! Makes my haul look a bit puny but oh the satisfaction.

Shorts, brand new, middle son for the use of, £3.
    Shorts, brand new, husband for the use of, £3.
    A recently published in paperback book by an author he enjoys £2 (! but a 1st ed paperback) & (All in the same shop!)
    a 10" Denby flan dish the floral shape & I can't figure the pattern as it's just a shade of brown outside - £2. (I was just chucking money around, but the shorts meant the china got home safe & whole!)

Himself spotted a teapot in a charity pound shop (go figure!) - Denby blue outside white inside 1950-75 basestamp (with a teapot lid from someone else but it fits) and blowed if I can match the blue - darker than baby blue, paler than Imperial Blue & anyway white inside, no brown edge...

The Dig family is footsore but rather chuffed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure