PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Todays outfit is black leggings bought new, a Red Herring black cotton top with long bell sleeves and embroidery details and a George long black waterfall cardigan with a design knitted into the back, the top was 99p (I took the tag off it today) and the cardigan was £5.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Likewise back in leggings (ahem, Work Trousers proved a Bit Tight - must do more time with Joe!), another cs fleece as it's turned a tad nippy & the trainers acquired from cs they day after I bought a new pair (d'Oh!)

Will shortly be tugging on an army surplus parka to go axe & knife throwing with son. Back garden exercise, (all going well), emergency refresher in fence climbing to retrieve & maintaining social distance if either of us is wildly inaccurate. Motivational, that.
  • smudge56
    smudge56 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Great thread.  Long time lurker here.  Missing my charity shops at the moment - more so as I’m having a clear out and no where to donate to. Ah well the bags will have to live in The boot of the car until they re open.  
    Today I wore a Topshop striped cotton jumper with River Island jeans and Jaeger leather belt  the whole outfit must have cost less than a tenner 😊

• dolly84
    Options
    DfV - axe throwing sounds like highly dangerous fun.

I'm wearing the same as yesterday, no need for it to be washed, will change tomorrow.

• Skibunny40
    Skibunny40 Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm in full charity shop garb today. Next Petite jeans & a navy v-necked jumper (not sure of the make) Think the whole lot cost me £8
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The thing about axe throwing is a big garden & a small axe & not being a complete plonker makes it strangely straightforward.
    That our target log is in front of a healthy patch of nettles focuses the mind on accuracy & short rather than long... in all seriousness, a short axe & ruthless range discipline & it’s only a bit more risky than welly wanging but hugely more fun.
    Says she, in a DPM army surplus smock with vast pockets - ideal for carrying cased secateurs on one side & a pack of ziplocs for lucky finds in another pocket. 
    Changed back into trainers for indoor wear though.
  • Footpather
    Footpather Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Love the sound of the axe-throwing! Don't go near the Cheery tree though.
    I've been out for a long walk with the dogs so am currently wearing a long sleeved, waffle weave technical type top which I thought was Craghoppers but can't find the logo without stripping off, it was about £1 from a car boot sale.. Over that I am wearing a beige, red and black woolly jumper which I think is predominantly meant to be a Christmas Jumper but not necessarily so as it has stylised deer and snowflakes on it, so could signify Winter rather than Christmas, George sale about three years ago was £3. Long, navy running type leggings, the make appears to Movement Session (never noticed before} probably came from a car boot but can't remember. Socks are Gelert and were part of a birthday present a couple of years ago.  Also still wearing my merino wood reversible beanie that was £3 from a charity shop fairly recently. 

• DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm seeing how long the same pair of jeggings can be worn if not going anywhere! 4 days so far. Went on a dog walk this morning and needed a warm coat and gloves. All from chazza shops of course. Keep warm!!
    Slightly bitter
  • dolly84
    Options
    Everyone sounds very snug.  It is so cold right now, just got back from a dog walk which took way longer than it should have- the dog is getting slower, I had no gloves as it was sunny when we set off but freezing in the wind by half way round and we walked up a big hill which was very open at the top. I am wearing Next Vintage Cigarette jeans £3.99, a Tu pink shirt with white polkadots and a cream cotton sort of tank top type thing, horizontal cable knit design from an Italian brand, paid £1 for this, when I went out I had my Docs on and a 50p coat, it's a mens coat from an outdoor brand I have forgotten the name of, DH and I share it.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family