Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Okay, the most important task of all is done - checked with my neighbour that looks after the house, and he's here the whole time. He's also good mates with my party-wall neighbour, so thats double the bang for the buck.

I also finally understand the boardingpass/checkin weirdness - we're flying on an airline, not a charter, so its not the same as usual.

As far as I can tell, my luggage is within measurement allowances - which vary according to your ticket, naturally **sigh**

Taxi is confirmed.

House sale contract is posted off.

Fringe is cut

Trousers I'm travelling in are washed :)

Panic is finally starting to dissipate :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    cbc I don't know if you have considered my haircut solution. I go to a Barber and they cut my hair for £14.50 for a proper all over cut. My hair grows really quickly too
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    cbc I don't know if you have considered my haircut solution. I go to a Barber and they cut my hair for £14.50 for a proper all over cut. My hair grows really quickly too

I've never thought of doing that, no. Most ladies hairdressers cater for men as well as women now, I didn't realise barbers (who I assume are men) do ladies' styles too.

I've finally found a brilliant hairdresser who really understands my hair and what I want her to do with it:j. It isn't all that expensive if I go on Pensioners' Day but even at that price I couldn't afford to go too often:o. Paying off my debts takes precedence over such treats as haircuts at the moment, although most women I know consider hairdresser visits as essential rather than luxuries.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    That's a new one on me too, thanks for that SL. When I was really ill, I just went for a trim locally, but that's small town prices, and that was £25. If I go to the Big City On The Coast, there's several drop-in hairdressers, and in all the years I've been going to the most central one, I only ever had one bad haircut. Not bad. CBC, I understand the "not essential" - that haircut for £25 was the last one I had, just before a nephew's wedding in May 2016 :D

I've got my suitcase laying open on the sofa, and I'm stacking stuff in it :eek:

This is really happening.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    That's a new one on me too, thanks for that SL. When I was really ill, I just went for a trim locally, but that's small town prices, and that was £25. If I go to the Big City On The Coast, there's several drop-in hairdressers, and in all the years I've been going to the most central one, I only ever had one bad haircut. Not bad. CBC, I understand the "not essential" - that haircut for £25 was the last one I had, just before a nephew's wedding in May 2016 :D

I've got my suitcase laying open on the sofa, and I'm stacking stuff in it :eek:

This is really happening.

Mine charges £20 on Pensioners' Day and that's about a £5 reduction of the usual price. It's a local market town. She washes it, conditions it, does a really good cut and blow dries it so I'm really happy doing that every few months. I know I leave it too long between visits though:o
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,282 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have a wet cut for 8 quid about every 3 months.
    Fringe is currently like a pelmet!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thats a very good price, beanie - Big City price is about £13, and thats utter bargain basement.

First time of putting the heating on this afternoon, so that I was warm coming out of a shower :) In the second half of this month, I'll be rearranging utilities and finances, and also putting anything I've got thats solar powered etc to work.

For now, a DVD is calling :)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My DH had his done for £9 at the same time but his was with clippers (and really good) - that chap won't do mine but the other barber like to cut a good head of hair and enjoys it.

He has to charge me more than the old boys as it takes at least twice as long, and they are often all looking at me with a scowl when I leave. I always say sorry you had to wait and generally they say that is fine, even when their faces don't :rotfl:
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Options
    SL, thats so sweet! The contrast between their faces and their words, I mean :rotfl:

I can't quite decide what to do with myself this morning. I may need a second cup of coffee :p
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I intended to pop in before you left, KC, to wish you Bon Voyage:beer:. Life has been getting in the way and I missed doing it. Sorry.

Thinking of you now though having a wonderful time:dance:.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback