edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
4.8K replies 240.4K views

Replies

• rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D loving the nail varnish talk!

I never paint my fingernails anymore as I spend to much time doing things at work that would chip the polish...

...but always have a pedicure as I in my 'not work' time I wear sandals for as much of the year as possible...

...and sometimes they are not only bright pink but glittery too...

...I suspect though it is only wishful thinking when it comes to an exciting life as work demands mean I don't have enough energy for that! :rotfl:
    3.5 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Working hard to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
  • maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    No exciting life here, but I keep my toe nails painted, makes me smile when I swing my creaky body out of bed. Just taken of a pinky/purple glitter, now to decide what next:j
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • themadvixthemadvix Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another toenail but not fingernail painter here!

Hope you continue to make steady progress with your list today KC - emphasis on steady! That cruise has come around quick!
  • I must have missed something:o but where are you going on your cruise this time, KC?
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fascinating :j Beanie, I have weird toe joints and toe "ends", but I don't care :p toenail varnish is like earrings - you can wear it and forget it.
    I once had a middle-aged work colleague, my superior actually, who was very disinterested in fashion and a real 'Plain Jane' who never wore make-up, jewellery or any adornment. She sprained her ankle once at work and we rushed to assist her. Another colleague got her to remove her shoe and we could see through her tights/stockings that her toenails were painted a rather bright pink. We all found it quite endearing really for some reason. Maybe away from work she was a bit more glamorous than we knew;)
    Thats it :j
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    :D loving the nail varnish talk!
    ...and sometimes they are not only bright pink but glittery too...

...I suspect though it is only wishful thinking when it comes to an exciting life as work demands mean I don't have enough energy for that! :rotfl:
    I don't do it often, but when I do, some toes are blue, the others purple :D if I can find any glitter, I'll do that too :D
    maddiemay wrote: »
    No exciting life here, but I keep my toe nails painted, makes me smile when I swing my creaky body out of bed. Just taken of a pinky/purple glitter, now to decide what next:j
    Smiling is good :j and you're another one with the glitter, maddie. I'm missing a trick, obviously! Got to get myself in gear :)
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't do the 6 things I wanted, but not bad anyway, I did 5. The way these things escalate, of course, I still have 16 items to do, in 4 days. Some are tiny, a single short email, others are huge, like "pack" :D. Thats okay! More later :)
    Retired August 2016
  • edited 3 October 2018 at 10:11AM
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    edited 3 October 2018 at 10:11AM
    Karmacat wrote: »

I don't do it often, but when I do, some toes are blue, the others purple :D if I can find any glitter, I'll do that too :D

Love it, KC:j I think I'm missing out here. Despite my very ugly feet and the fact that no one ever sees them but me I may have a go at painting my toenails after reading everyone's posts. I got a free gift from Boots with an assortment of goodies in, including a bottle of nail varnish which has remained unopened. I recall it being a shade of deep burgundy though, wouldn't be my colour of choice. If no one will see it though except me, who cares what colour it is?:rotfl:

I once read a tip of wearing really nice undies when going to work as the fact that you are wearing them gives you a boost even though no one will ever see them. I suppose it's like having a tattoo on a part of your body that no one will see (apart from partner/spouse). It's just knowing that it's there that's important to whoever has it.

You mentioned earrings, KC. Now they're something I would never be without. I wear mine 24/7.
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...I once read a tip of wearing really nice undies when going to work as the fact that you are wearing them gives you a boost even though no one will ever see them...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I'm giggling to myself in an open concept office - that's quite some thought CBC:D
    3.5 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Working hard to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
    34.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly that, CBC :) though I did once attend a convention in New Jersey where they so loved my multi-coloured toes (I wore 3 colours in those days) they took a photo which they included in the newsletter afterwards. The black and white newsletter :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    The other thing about doing your toes is that no one can see if its chipped :D

I've finally managed the online check in - I haven't flown since they were introduced, so its a big deal. Sent the pdf to my sister to print out at the library. I really, really need to buy some printer ink!

I'd forgotten about buying currency, so that was 2 jobs to add to the list - I've bought it, now I have to collect it from Waitrose tomorrow, and thats okay, actually :)

Getting through it!
    Retired August 2016
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    ... they so loved my multi-coloured toes (I wore 3 colours in those days) they took a photo which they included in the newsletter afterwards. The black and white newsletter :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds like a snooker commentary on black and white TV.

Every time I come here I seem to be having a moan about supermarkets:o

I've just been checking my online Nationwide bank statement for July to check the date when a subscription was paid and I was shocked to see 2 payments to Morrisons for home delivery orders on the same day. I know I amended my order online the evening before and went through the normal checkout procedure as requested. No problem with the order, the amended one was duly delivered but it looks as if I was also charged for the original order as well:eek:. I definitely only received one of the orders, which was as it should be.

I had to search all subsequent statements to see if one of the payments had been reimbursed but it hadn't. No sign of anything untoward in my Morrison's orders statement either. I can't see how £53 can vanish without trace. I'm really cross with myself as I monitor my current account statements online like a hawk but this coincided with when I was feeling really ill during the summer and I must admit my brain was all over the place. I couldn't concentrate on anything to save my life:o

Now I need to phone Morrisons but I can't face it today. In typical Carbootcrazy fashion I'll do it 'tomorrow'.