The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• AprilLady
    Options
    sheils6 said:
    Not feeling happy with site at moment so not been entering anything much really. All so different and confusing.
    Same here. Tried to do some yesterday but I still haven't got my head around it properly and it feels a bit of a chore!

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning sunny here and very quiet out there but cold.  AprilLady and Sheils the new site certainly takes some getting used to and doing anything seems to take longer. I keep doing bits and going away then coming back.  Some of the mojo has gone because the reality is that none of us are winning as much as we did so there is less motivation to come to grips with new site with all its shortcomings.  Hopefully some will be sorted soon. 
    Sheils pleased you are ok.  Enjoy the time with your son.   Our son decided to go back yesterday as he’s a bit better but still has the cough and cold. 
    We have been busy grocery shopping and filling freezer with some cooked dishes as well in preparation for half term next week.   DD2 plans to come with 6 and 4 year olds. This morning she said 6 year old has bad cold.  Can’t believe half term is nearly here. 

Luckofthedraw hope the pain is beginning to be under control for you. You’ll need a lot of patience. Shame the competitions are a headache just when you have time and could be an escape. 
    Lets hope for some good luck this month.

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, work was very busy and we were short staffed as usual.But we always manage to get all the work done. My shoulder is playing up at the moment expect it's arthritis and have doubled meds to see if it helps. May have to see Dr if it carries on. It's wet and windy again out there but have to do some food shopping later. DS did washing yesterday so that's sorted,lol. Still getting to grips with site but noticed time has appeared on posts so they are tweaking things.
    Hope your GK's colds have gone before they come down leanfun,that's something you don't want again. Anyway, going to have a coffee then shower. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Morning all,  April Lady and Sheils I just keep dipping in and out and new features are appearing :)  Did your son get his cast off Sheils? feels better I bet?.  Leanfun hope the GK's are better before they arrive but I know our two GK's have had coughs, colds and one had croup (caught from nursery) which was worrying as apparently doing the rounds.:o  Indie hope your shoulder improves.   I'm struggling with the pain in foot constantly I think its the pins and stitches all bedding in?  I have an appointment for this Monday for stitches out and new cast/bandages thank goodness as this feels so tight and uncomfortable.  I am supposed to be able to weight bear at this stage but I cant properly so I will mention as a friend said I need to watch as sitting around too long for clots in legs :#   On the plus side the winds have died down for now but our windows are filthy!!
    speak soon x   
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Not done any comping from here but popped in to say hello. Hope you are all finding your way round.

leanfun hope your family are all feeling better now.

indie your shoulder sounds painful, hope the meds help.

DS3 got his cast off today luckofthedraw
    and was really disappointed that it is painful and he can’t walk on it. 
    He really needs to work soon as money from Austria has not appeared so he hasn’t had anything.
    Hope yours gets better quickly and pain goes. 

Been a lovely sunny afternoon here so got towels and bedding drying nicely on the line. 
    Gone back to healthy eating now DS3 away as we always put on weight wh3n he comes and does a bit of cooking for us. Was lovely having  him and DD staying but felt tired with late nights and too much food and drink! 

Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Hi all,  hope everyone feeling a bit better .   Sheils glad DS3 got cast off hope he gets to move around soon and get back to work.  Been miserable weather here raining on and off today.  new storm Dennis arriving this weekend apparently :/    I'm just plodding on with end date link for comping now and then but cant get comfy for long.

speak soonx
  • indie
    Options
    Evening, we had quite a nice day, windy but sunny. I saw on the news about storm Dennis, there is also another one due next weekend.What is it with them coming at weekends,lol. Shoulder is not too bad, meds seem to be working but will see how it is after work on sunday.Took DS to hospital for another scan, it was a right muck up. They sent him the wrong info in the letter and to the wrong department so they had to fit him in but they got there in the end. Hope you all have a good evening.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning.  Very dull and a bit windy can’t wait for this weekend to be over what with Dennis the Menace on it’s way.   Well so far been trying to persevere with new site but it can be frustrating. 
    Sheils hope your DS improves soon it must be very frustrating.  Take care Luckofthedraw.
    Indie pleased to hear your shoulder is a bit better. It’s a shame your son had another run around at the hospital. 
    We have never done anything special for Valentine’s Day but had a nice salmon meal at home.
    take care everyone.
  • indie
    Options
    Afternoon
    Wet and windy here, i managed to pop to shops earlier before rain started but did nearly get blown over by wind. I know what you mean about it being frustrating leanfun. I can't wait till they get the comps by date up and running. Your salmon meal sounds nice. I had some stew i made the day before. DS and his GF went out for a Chinese meal. They are both working today so i have been pottering around tidying up and decluttering.Going for a long soak in bath soon. Hope the weather isn't too bad where you are.
  • susanthunt
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to comping and using postal entries but I wonder if postal entries ever actually win competitions which charge for text/phone entries ... obviously postal entries haven't paid an entry fee (apart from the stamp which organisers don't benefit from).
    It would be reassuring if anyone could say they have won via free postal entry :)
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport