The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Hi Indie,  our dog was exactly the same ran out had a wee and flew back in literally!   we are on the coast so it is really windy and rainy here.   loads of flooding locally looking at the photos on DH FB .  looking out our fences are still up and things look pretty much where they should be fingers crossed.  have a good day x
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just Morning still.  Charlie’s reaction made me smile Indie.  That’s exactly how we feel.  It was light rain much earlier but now just very windy here.
    DS came home Friday and despite still having the cold was going to go to a football match today but decided yesterday he wouldn’t go. It’s now been cancelled. DD1 took no notice of weather forecast and took DS on train to visit a friend north of London. Don’t know if they will make it back today.  
    I’ve been trying to block out wind by trying to enter comps on here but that’s giving me a headache too as it’s frustrating not being able to see if you have entered comps without opening them.
    Firefly on iPad when you have found your search in landscape you can turn back to portrait to go through posts from search.  Also I was wondering what  the little blobs on posts in portrait are but in Landscape they go under the posters name on the left. Still don’t know what they are.
    Think I might be more successful cooking I’m off to the kitchen.
    Take care everyone in this storm.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    thanks again leanfun  :) must admit it's a bit of a headache getting to grips with new forum but hopefully we'll all get used to it like we did before lol guess if i didn't laugh about it i'd bloomin well cry  smiley
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• banginghats
    banginghats Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 February 2020 at 2:46PM
    Options
    joho said:
    Don't like the search on the new forum. I have to search all forums rather than the particular one I want, so get loads of irrelevant hits.

Apologies if this has been answered but you can search just the competitions by using the little search button/magnifying glass alongside the page numbers of competitions, currently 1 to 136.

Thanks, yeah I understand that, but in the old forum I could just click in the search box and a list of previous searches would come up for me to choose from, and it would only search in this sub forum. Now I have to laboriously go to the advanced search box every time and specify which sub forum and then enter the search phrase EVERY time. What used to take a couple of seconds now takes over ten times longer.
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Juhttps://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search?adv=1&search=&title=E:+08/02&author=&cat=72&tags=&discussion_d=1&within=6+months&date=todayst thought I would share a link I got from thingamabob for anyone who coms by end date:

It helps me for now and i just change the date when i need to ,  its a great help for now :)  Hope it helps x

• leanfun30
    Options
    Morning. All was quiet here and sunny but a bit of wind now. The wind was really howling yesterday. Apart from problems with neighbours garage door all was ok here.  DD1 took hours on trains and buses but made it back home yesterday before six. 
    Sheils hope all is well your way. Friends in Glasgow said they were ok but bad flooding there and snow expected today.
    Hope everyone is ok. Take care.  
    Just going to have another go on here. Good luck all.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, same here leanfun. Windy but dry at the moment. A fence panel went down but it's neighbours side so I won't have to replace it.Glad your DD1 made it home ok. All the trains were delayed then cancelled down here.I took DS;s GF to Dr's for an appointment this morning, then DS has a hospital appointment this afternoon. So I am in and out all day,lol. I keep coming into site, doing a few comps then off again. Hopefully i can get to grips with it soon.I like the entered and skipped buttons as they show up easier on posts.Just hope they can work out a way where we do not need to open every posts.Anyway time for a coffee.Hope you all have a good day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Indie when I did some comps earlier this morning the entered and skipped buttons came up on these competitions on main board.  I had a great sigh of relief as it was so tedious trying to remember if you had entered.  I usually comp date end but the search is not showing up all for that date so I started as they are posted. 

Sad to hear Laks has given up. Hopefully things will improve and they will come back.
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Morning everyone, wild and windy here  torrential rain through the night.  Glad I cant go out and have nowhere to go!  Keep entering where I can using thingamabobs link which I'm finding helpful:)   Glad no one has had any major floods -  thoughts to those in affected areas :(  
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am the same leanfun, just go to competition page and do comps there and carry on till fed up,lol. I did try that link thingamabobs put up but keep forgetting about it.I also hope Laks comes back and a few of the others that have been around for a long time, but can't cope with the new look.Sun is out here but very windy still.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure