The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• gingerchick633
    Options
    Hi there,
    Thought I'd pop in here say hello.
    Not really new member, used to be regular here, oooh over 10 years ago.
    Have registered as new person as have moved house and changed email addresses since I was last here (a few years ago)
    Used to comp regularly back in the day. Was just gingerchick then, but couldn't get back onto my old account, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of trying to get it back so here I am as gingerchick633.
    So hello to all, and here's to lots of comp wins! :smile:
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    leanfun30 said:
    Indie when I did some comps earlier this morning the entered and skipped buttons came up on these competitions on main board.  I had a great sigh of relief as it was so tedious trying to remember if you had entered.  I usually comp date end but the search is not showing up all for that date so I started as they are posted. 

Sad to hear Laks has given up. Hopefully things will improve and they will come back.
    agree to sad to see laks go  :(  must admit loving the new skipped/entered buttons now & the 'NEW' posted on posted ones cause if i've skipped that post it's easy to just move to new ones not entered lol, am loving the notifications on bookmarked ones as well as easy to follow through now  :smiley:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    Options
    Hi there,
    Thought I'd pop in here say hello.
    Not really new member, used to be regular here, oooh over 10 years ago.
    Have registered as new person as have moved house and changed email addresses since I was last here (a few years ago)
    Used to comp regularly back in the day. Was just gingerchick then, but couldn't get back onto my old account, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of trying to get it back so here I am as gingerchick633.
    So hello to all, and here's to lots of comp wins! :smile:
    hello gingerchick  :) am sure i remember you posting long time ago good to 'see' you back & lots of good luck  :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    edited 10 February 2020 at 11:50PM
    Options
    Juhttps://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search?adv=1&search=&title=E:+08/02&author=&cat=72&tags=&discussion_d=1&within=6+months&date=todayst thought I would share a link I got from thingamabob for anyone who coms by end date:

It helps me for now and i just change the date when i need to ,  its a great help for now :)  Hope it helps x

great link thanks for those who do EOD comping theluckofthedraw  :) i don't comp by end date as sometimes the comps end early or change the end date, i try to keep up when comps are posted just in case, thanks for sharing link as it's always handy to know   smiley

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, welcome back gingerchick,good luck with the comps.
    I am off to work soon so thought i would pop in whilst i have a little time to spare.I had a read of some of the "how do i" posts and have been able to bookmark the pages i use most.So when i come in i just have 1 click to find what i need instead of scrolling down the list.That feature i like,lol
    Anyway, hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning.  Looks as though I need to get my head around bookmarking.  
    Thanks for the link Luckofthedraw.   Using end date seems so slow when you don’t have entered os skipped on main page and you have to keep going in. Sure things will smooth out.
    Welcome back Gingerchick and good luck. 
    Hope work is not too strenuous Indie. 
    Sheils hope alls well.     Good luck all.
  • theluckofthedraw
    Options
    Morning everyone,  still like the wild west here!   the storm and winds kept me awake most of the night and could hear the rain as well, good job I didn't have to get up , DH snored through it!  Dog kept barking and running up and down stairs :D   
    Hope works goes ok Indie, glad you're managing some comps Leanfun :) , I know what you mean about not being able to hover:# Sad about Laks Firefly hope they do come back will miss their input too:'(  so used to just seeing the name about on the forum it will be strange.
    I am not straying onto other sites as I don't use social media and enter web only mostly which are few and far between: D   
    speak soon , x

• Scorpioangel
    Options
    I'm not surprise that Laks has jumped ship, I am only surprised that more haven't. 
    I personally think that the design is dreadful and the removal the sort feature for newest thread makes the comp hopeless. The 'new' button is totally useless as it isn't indicating new threads but unread posts. 
    I have attempted to use the comp listings but have given up and gone back to Loquax like Laks.
  • fire**fly
    edited 13 February 2020 at 9:07AM
    Options
    I'm not surprise that Laks has jumped ship, I am only surprised that more haven't. 
    I personally think that the design is dreadful and the removal the sort feature for newest thread makes the comp hopeless. The 'new' button is totally useless as it isn't indicating new threads but unread posts. 
    I have attempted to use the comp listings but have given up and gone back to Loquax like Laks.

found this link from thingamabob that may help all re new posted 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/competitions-time/?sort=new
    i've found it helpful so hope you all do  :)

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    leanfun30 said:

Sheils hope alls well.     Good luck all.
    I am fine thanks leanfun. Been busy with family here. Weather just constant wind and showers but at least no snow!
    Not feeling happy with site at moment so not been entering anything much really. All so different and confusing.
    As you know not really been winning much last few years so not sure if I'm going to continue entering.
    Good luck to everyone. x

Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills