The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, i asked my son that question leanfun, and he didn't know why,lol. Still it was a good film.
    I was working yesterday,went to a home i haven't been for a while,it was manic all day. Usually it quietens down in the afternoons but this home gets busier.I don't think i will go back there for quite a while.lol. I came home shattered.Must admit i forgot to take my meds with me but of a morning there is 6 staff on then in the afternoon there is 4.Never mind i survived. It was a lovely sunny warm day yesterday, today it's dull and going to rain.so think i may just potter around indoors and catch up with the comps. Hope you all have a good day.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning cooler today.

Indie sounds like you had a horrible day yesterday. Sounds as though that home understaffs when they think they can. Hope you have a good rest today. Good luck with the comps.

Yesterday was frustrating with GS sometimes he just doesn’t want to do things. I suppose just like us all.

Take care all. Hugs for those needing one. Be lucky.
  • indie
    Options
    Yes we all have days like that. It's raining here now and the sun has come out,lol.I have just dropped my son off at his hobby shop and never seen so many police cars, vans driving around. Luckily the shop is 2 roads away from Southsea seafront where Trump and others are due tomorrow so it wasn't shut off, but many roads are.I expect all the homes and shops will be glad when it's all over tomorrow as they have closed lots of roads off and if you live there you need a special permit to get in your home.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thats us home again. Had a lovely time at the Lakes although it was a bit windy and showery at times. Visited Bassenthwaite, Loweswater, Crummock Water and Buttermere. Had seen them all before but not the last three for a long time. Like to see them at different times of the year. Did lots of walking.

That will be a nuisance for holiday makers at Southsea indie.

Hope GS feeling more like himself today leanfun.

Going to look at some comps now.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Morning. Indie pleased you were able to drop your son off at shop despite all the security for today. Everything is a bit over the top with this state visit.

Sheils pleased to hear you were able to get our and about in the Lake District. It’s somewhere we only fleetingly visited and would have liked to go again.

I’ve been lucky with some Show Film First tickets for jazz at St Martin in the Fields cript for tonight and more jazz at our local theatre for tomorrow. Not really my scene but husband loves it. His sister is.meeting us there tonight and you can have meal there as well.

Good luck all.
  • indie
    Options
    Welcome back sheils,glad you had a good time. Well done on the tickets leanfun, son went with GF to see a jazz concert last month. First one he had been to, he enjoyed it GF wasn't fussed about it,lol.
    Funny weather here today, no sun but nice wind, great for getting washing dry.I am just taking sons GF to work then will pick up a few bits for fridge.
    Hope you all have a nice afternoon.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, raining here and i think we are in for it all day.The gardens need it and it saves me watering the plants.They were saying we may have a hosepipe ban down here at the end of the month if we don't get much rain this month. I have been watching the D-Day celebrations over the last 2 days and thought they were moving.
    Time to make a coffee and let Charlie out. I had to push him out when i got up this morning as he run out turned round and came back in,lol
    Hope you all have a good day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Bit dull and cooler here today. Lo to Charlie nit wanting to go out Indie.

We had two good nights out. It’s DH who is the Jazz fan but both evenings were good. Last night it was called the Cotton Club, a group of musicians, a singer and some tap dancers. Have to say I really enjoyed the dancers. Muscicans were excellent and everyone involved was lined up in the foyer when we left. So DH did his groupy bit.

Yesterday I had a surprise children’s book delivery from the WBD end of month comps. So something to save for presentsts. I also heard that the person I nominated for a Thomas Fudge gift box has been selected. I nearly missed this email but they kindly sent me a reminder. Things sometimes come in threes and I’ve won some ribbon on Instagram said I had to DM them.
    This prompted me to download the Instagram app on mobile. Wow I managed to do this and send a message. Found a message that I had missed a win of polo shirts last year. Odd thing is I had downloaded this app on iPad ages ago but when I went on ipad again yesterday after downloading it on mobile the arrow for direct messages was there. Ho the magic of iCloud.

DH has taken car to be serviced today. He is walking better but it’s still painful. DS went back yesterday. DD1 wanted us to have GS tonight but I said we are too tired. We might have a quiet weekend.

Hope it’s a good Friday for all. Good luck everyone.
  • indie
    Options
    Well done on the wins,Shame about the polo shirts but hopefully you won't miss any wins now.Good to hear DH is walking better and i hope his pain eases soon.You enjoy your weekend and get some well earned rest.
    It's stopped raining here at the moment,but sure it won't be for long,lol
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, still raining here but not heavy at the moment. I found an email last night from caboodle I have won a signed set of the Worldquake books
    and a lava lamp.I had a lava lamp in the 70's.lol .That brings back some memories.My DS and his GF are working today so i will get some housework done then if it stops raining will try and do some gardening. Hope you all have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure