🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Whiplashy
    Options
    Evening all.

I have been a greedy little piggy today :( Ate a full bag of mini eggs. 22 syns :eek: And I'd already had my syns for the day :( Have 4 more days before WI, so I'm going to take off 5.5 syns a day to cover it. On top of that I've had carbs for the past three dinners. Started off Thursday as a treat after WI, but couldn't stop craving them then. They've all been free, but carbs don't agree with me at all, and really bloat me. I feel sick now :( Hoping I can get back on track in the morning. SP until Thursday. It doesn't help that I feel under such pressure to lose at group. The last couple of weeks I've had people coming up to me straight away asking "what did you lose?", "did you get an award?" etc etc. It's mostly newbies that are staying to group at the moment, and since my massive loss the first week they're obsessed!
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Todays food

Breakfast

Yog, blackberries and all bran (Hex)

Lunch

Popcorn...

Tea

tomatos (lots of), spinach (lots of), egg, jacket pot and steak

Tomorrow we are going to a hotel for a dirty night away!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoon all :D
    Well i bought that dress today :D I thought it looked nice on and put on to show dh when i came home he said yes, will show my sister Tues when she back from holiday:D
    The NSV is that is it 5 sizes smaller than when i started SW:j:j:j:j

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

Photo please!

maman wrote: »
    Your choice of course but I prefer to aim low and beat it. I found I lost 1.5 lbs on average each week but it can be higher when you start out. :)

Glad you're pleased with the dress bubbs but even more pleased with the size!! :T

Thanks for leaving curry for me ssm . It's on the menu tonight. :D

I could not find them... asked SA... they had run out.... you must have beat me to it!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Evening all.

I have been a greedy little piggy today :( Ate a full bag of mini eggs. 22 syns :eek: And I'd already had my syns for the day :( Have 4 more days before WI, so I'm going to take off 5.5 syns a day to cover it. On top of that I've had carbs for the past three dinners. Started off Thursday as a treat after WI, but couldn't stop craving them then. They've all been free, but carbs don't agree with me at all, and really bloat me. I feel sick now :( Hoping I can get back on track in the morning. SP until Thursday. It doesn't help that I feel under such pressure to lose at group. The last couple of weeks I've had people coming up to me straight away asking "what did you lose?", "did you get an award?" etc etc. It's mostly newbies that are staying to group at the moment, and since my massive loss the first week they're obsessed!

Hope you get a discount :T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Today's eating:

Breakfast - overnight oats with frozen berries. Coffee with almond milk
    Lunch - Baxter's Carrot and Coriander soup plus slice of Kingsmill 50/50 bread (4 syns)
    Snacks - banana, 25g of proper pop (4 syns)
    Dinner - Minestrone Sausage soup from SW recipe book, made with 3xheck sausages (1.5 syns)

Only wish I'd had some speed today. Still struggling with digestion issues but bought Regucol from Holland & Barrett, which I am going to take first thing tomorrow morning.Hopefully it will help.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 January 2018 at 1:08AM
    Options
    Thanks, beanie and bubbs, for your kind thoughts.

Well done on losses, lightbulb, happy (brilliant) and p00hsticks (fab, in fact).

OH, dusty, I shouldn’t laugh but I couldn’t help it! Just think of all the body magic you fitted in!

My meal planning approach is very much like maman’s. It gets written in pencil and takes account of what I have in the house already. Then I make my shopping list. If I happen upon anything interesting or on offer, I’ll buy it too. If it’s something that needs to be used quickly, I’ll rub out a planned meal to fit it on. If I can freeze it, I add it to the list of freezer contents for the next plan.

bubbs, what a thrill you must have got wearing your new dress.

Went just over syns today (nothing in comparisons to yesterday’s debacle).

Breakfast: hm granola (6), Total ff Greek yogurt
    Lunch: chicken & red pesto hexb sandwich (1), Milbona Greek style ff lemon yogurt
    Snack: wine gums (5)
    Dinner: lamb tagine (finally finished it!), couscous, corn on the cob
    Snack: Maltesers (5) – celebrating a win again!
    Snack: hexa cheese & grapes

Off to plan next week. See you all tomorrow – oh, now that should be later!
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T

Photo please!

I could not find them... asked SA... they had run out.... you must have beat me to it!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hope you get a discount :T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    Will try and get one later:D
    greentiger wrote: »
    Thanks, beanie and bubbs, for your kind thoughts.

Well done on losses, lightbulb, happy (brilliant) and p00hsticks (fab, in fact).

OH, dusty, I shouldn’t laugh but I couldn’t help it! Just think of all the body magic you fitted in!

My meal planning approach is very much like maman’s. It gets written in pencil and takes account of what I have in the house already. Then I make my shopping list. If I happen upon anything interesting or on offer, I’ll buy it too. If it’s something that needs to be used quickly, I’ll rub out a planned meal to fit it on. If I can freeze it, I add it to the list of freezer contents for the next plan.

bubbs, what a thrill you must have got wearing your new dress.

Went just over syns today (nothing in comparisons to yesterday’s debacle).

Breakfast: hm granola (6), Total ff Greek yogurt
    Lunch: chicken & red pesto hexb sandwich (1), Milbona Greek style ff lemon yogurt
    Snack: wine gums (5)
    Dinner: lamb tagine (finally finished it!), couscous, corn on the cob
    Snack: Maltesers (5) – celebrating a win again!
    Snack: hexa cheese & grapes

Off to plan next week. See you all tomorrow – oh, now that should be later!
    I have not worn it as such yet, just tried on in the shop with a gazzillion bra's to get right size:rotfl: but i bought some new knee length boots few weeks ago and i think it looks fine with them for winter/spring months:T will be ok with ballet pumps any other time so thanks all for the advice :T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    27_weeks.png
    Just seen this, all thoses 1lbs add up for summer beautiful bodies:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    1.6 lbs loss.

Right off for a splurge......
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Yesterday I almost inadvertently had a speed day.

B -Quaker Oat Granola Honey & Almond with SS milk (HEX A&B)
    L - Mixed fruit with FF yog (strawberries, raspberries, nectarine and banana)
    D - HM burgers with a mixed salad (leaves, peppers, red onion, cucmber & beetroot) with oven roasted sweet potato wedges, roasted tomatoes and mushrooms
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    It doesn't help that I feel under such pressure to lose at group. The last couple of weeks I've had people coming up to me straight away asking "what did you lose?", "did you get an award?" etc etc. It's mostly newbies that are staying to group at the moment, and since my massive loss the first week they're obsessed!

Just tell them it isn't a race, ...there's a science to it :D

But I am in envy! I've only done 8.5 lb in 3 weeks compared to your loss.

Though I've also found an old friend from 2013 by going to group, that I'd lost touch with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport