Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    haybel19 wrote: »
    Had a very lucky day and won £140 :j:j:j

Also got a £12 facebook sale.

Very thankful for the good day given we need a new sink and tap in the kitchen - which is an unexpected and rather pricey expense.
    bloomfelt wrote: »
    Have been totally off grid this week due to a completely heartbreaking week. However after a quick flick through looks like this week has been tough for a lot of us.

I have updated my spreadsheet where i can but not really put much effort into remembering the odd few credits I have had here and there as I have just been on autopilot. But had a massive positive this morning I won £750 on Virgins daily free games. I'm absolutely gobsmacked and it cant replace what I have lost this week, but so thankful as after this week I'm even more desperate to get out of this horrid house and this brings us another step closer.

Sending hugs to everyone else who has had a tough week and hoping the coming week brings more luck for you all.
    Well done both of you.
    I love the euphoria of winning, that little adrenalin rush you get is a lovely tonic for the bad days.

I love reading of people winning.

Don't have much time for comping myself these days :(
  • Aesop
    Options
    Florence_J wrote: »
    Sorry to all who are having a tough time.

I feel for you Aesop. I am in a situation with our landlord. Several areas and one room in particular in our house are so riddled with damp that wallpaper is falling off the wall and there was a hole in the front of the house that we reported years ago that was fixed in December. There is still a giant wet patch in our dining room from the leak.

Our letting agency got in contact with us to say the Landlords have said they won't do anything about the damp until the house is vacated...

Our house in many ways is fine, perfect even, but my OH is badly affected by the damp/mould and I don't get why the landlords would effectively try to force us out when we have faithfully rented from them for 6 years and they will only have to spend the money anyway to do up the house to make it fit for purpose again.

We live in a two bedroom house near the centre, near to lots of local useful areas, the street is a bit 'lively' but not rough and we pay £550 a month between us. In our limited research a similar size property in the same sort of area (neither OH or I drive so need to be centrally based) is around £800 a month.

I think it is time for us to move on, but on my current wage I could barely afford this rent increase, or I could, but it would severely delay my goal to pay back my debt by my 30th birthday.

To get on to the relevance of money making, I think I may need to get a second part time job, and I have seen an 8 hour a week job across the weekend at a certain well known retailer.

Has anyone worked 7 days in a row and if so for how long? Do you think I could make it work?

I sold nearly everything of value or that I was willing to sell in 2017. It's just tat and irreplaceable or essential things left now.

I feel for you.

I hate our house. We have noisy neighbours who have no consideration.

And it needs so much work.

DH says he has always thought of it as family home as ds really only remembers this house and this is where he has grown up.

But DH complains just as much as me about all the things wrong. He does talk through Rose colour glasses a lot.

My DH used to work 7 days a week. I did it for a few months for the overtime money.

It does wear on you, so don't do it for too long.

Re moving and house prices you maybe entitled to some help with the rent. Might be worth looking into.
  • Aesop
    Options
    haybel19 wrote: »
    Hugs hopefully you find something even better.

Whats vypr?

It's a smartphone app. You get little ads about products and it asks you question. You answer.
    Cashout at 10000 points for £5 pay pal.
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

£3.25 from Opinion Outpost and £2.27 from Qmee for me today.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 26 January 2018 at 7:04AM
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    So sorry I haven't been around. Life is a bit full on for various reasons, as I know yours is.

You may have a lot of cache files and downloads that you aren't aware of. To get rid of cache files, I use cc cleaner and delete cache using that.

It also cleans our your temp files.

Then you need to go into your download folder and delete everything you don't need.

Then once done a that. Goto recycle bin and delete everything from there.

Re the unwanted apps. I will have to check as you may not be able to uninstall.
    I will come back to you I promise on those.

I haven't heard anything about a win 10 download. Is it an update?

Thanks, Aesop:T. I know how busy you are at the moment so I really appreciate your detailed reply:A

I already tried all that you suggested whilst I was trying to free up some disk space the other day. I do a lot of that anyway as a matter of course quite regularly.The Win10 apps that were there by default don't seem to have any way of being removed. The 'delete' button for each is 'greyed out' and I can't find any other way to get rid of them.

Yes, it looks as if it's a Win10 update. Looks all above board, I always worry these days with scam downloads:eek:. I just left it for now, nothing dire has happened, although I frequently get a pop up box telling me that there could be a potential security issue without it:eek:

I never know what it's safe to delete:o. Don't want to find I've got rid of something essential for the day to day running of my PC. I did a bit of googling about installation issues with this update and it seems others have had problems. Looks like my very cheap and basic laptop just doesn't have the storage/memory:mad:. I bought it in a hurry when my last one died and I was desperate to be up and running again asap but was very short of money to get anything better at the time:o.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 26 January 2018 at 7:06AM
    Options
    Will try to be back later to read all the posts that I've had to skim through. Looks though that so many of us are having problems in RL at the moment:(. Thinking of you all and sending hugs:kisses3:. I hope things will get better very soon. Congratulations too to everyone who has made any money:T:beer:.

Just a quick reminder to everyone to check their TCB account. I spend very little anyway but regularly check my account for any withdrawable cashback. I had to submit a ticket because the paltry £3 I'd just made had been reserved by TCB until I'd reached a £5 payout level to cover my Plus membership fee:eek:. I know I've had a lot on my mind recently but I don't recall ever opting to become a Plus member, I don't spend/earn enough to make the £5 fee worthwhile:o

Submitted a ticket and they replied very quickly to say it was their mistake wrongly enrolling me as a Plus member. They've reinstated the money to my account. I only realised the money had been taken in the first place because it wiped out every penny I'd earned in months:mad: and if you've more pending you might not spot that they may have made the same 'mistake' with your account. Best to check just in case;).
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 26 January 2018 at 7:07AM
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    CBC a nice email to ceo of argos explaining your predicament is in order.

Yodel wouldn't take it back because he won't get paid as looks like non delivery and also if item goes missing he gets blame.

Hope you are going through cashback sites when ordering.

Hope you get delivery nice and secure on time tomorrow.

As for other delivery, shocking. Ceo needs email about that too.

Thanks, Aesop. Great advice as always:T:T:T

I usually just send a 'complaint' to the standard customer service/support/help dept but it invariably doesn't come to much. Just a bland 'we are sorry' response.

I always go through TCB if poss though it's only paying 1.5% on what I wanted at Argos at the moment:(. Better than going via the Nectar site as I think Nectar points aren't worth as much as even the paltry 1.5% cashback:(
  • Aesop
    Options
    CBC I will take a look later. I may have done update and not realised or. Not had it yet.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Well done everyone. Reading through All your moneymaking posts, you are doing really well :j

I did have plans for posts this month on moneymaking posts and different things. But as they hadn't already been written. I couldn't just post and time has slipped me by.
  • Aesop
    Options
    i got another 10.00 in @mazon vouchers - but realized that i dont have a pair of flat shoes (not ones that dont smell from doing the horses anyway) and have a trade fair in two days - do not want to be trying to walk in heels - vouchers spent on trainers :( but if i look at it right - my trainers cost me - nothing! and i haven't bought a new pair of (normal) shoes in 6 years. - i still feel quite guilty and frivolous though

And i'm poor again.....off to list some more on ebay i think.

I Love spending free money. It feels so good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure