~Make upto £10 a day challenge January 2018~

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    £141.60 overtime, too busy working to post!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Evening folks

Gosh loads of posts to catch up and only missing one day :eek:

Sorry to read all the on-going problems with communicating with some of these companies. I dread having to 'phone anyone these days, what with the 'press this number for this', 'speak your response' or some other automated response, which only seems to work half the time anyway. Then, when you get through they ask you the same all over again :mad: Emails seem to be ignored or answered with a 'standard' response and seldom followed up at all.

Anyways, we've been busy car hunting and have bought a new-to-us car, which will be far better for our impending move to Spain. The car we have at present is a small Dacia - perfect for here and cheap to run, but unfortunately not very big, the seats don't fold and the boot is a bit cramped. The car dealer is putting new brakes all round, doing an MOT and giving us a year's warranty and it should be ready to collect next Friday :j

The decluttering is proceeding meanwhilst and more 'stuff' sent to cs and consigned to the recycling, though did manage to sell a cd/micro-tape player and speakers to c converters for £35 :j

Great to read that you're all still making monies and see some of you are already past your targets :dance: :T :dance:

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and try to miss the rain
    Lx

Yay to a new car :j

I had a very frustrating experience yesterday with PayPal. I have received a refund in to my account but it was originally paid by debit card from the account which I switched recently. The money shows in activity but isn't in the balance. When I called them I got a list of options none of which were 'talk to a real person' and I tried several of them but kept ending up back at the main menu. :mad: It gives you the option to say what your problem is so I asked to talk to customer services and got put through. Wish I had just done that in the first place! Apparently the money has been refunded to the old card and I think it should turn up in my new account in a few days as part of the switching service.
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • shariann
    Options
    Hello lovely people.
    Had a brainwave today and managed to call Virgin as my i realised that my contract finished ages ago! Well they have reduced my monthly bill by £6 a month and doubled my internet speed so I’m well pleased with that! Tried talking with o2 today as we currently have 5 contracts with them costing over £150 a month! The online chat was useless so maybe I’ll call them tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Been with them for over ten years but it’s just become unmanageable now due to getting upgrades (my own fault I know).

Anyway earnings today

Qmee - 15p
    On device research - 1.09
    Crowdology - £4.55
    OnePulse - £3.52

Total - £9.31 :)

Well done on your Virgin deal. Sorting out broadband/phone/tv is on my to do list!

With regard to O2 I had trouble getting through to them on the phone when I was trying to move my sons contract from me to him. It took ages to get through and then they gave me the wrong information and I had to call them again! They gave me a direct number to call so I could get straight through but when the bill came through it turned out to be a chargeable number :mad: so I called them for about the 5th time and complained. They refunded the charges.

Having said all that I am sure once you get through to them you should be able to get a good deal if you have that many contracts with them. Good luck
  • shariann
    Options
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    Good day financially for me. £67.95 from matched betting, and £124.68 overtime after tax/student loan deductions etc, for Christmas overtime. :)

Whole family struck down with a stinking cold, and sore throats. :( Going to be a long night, that's for sure. 4 month old has barely slept a wink so far tonight, he's been going 7pm - 7am recently.

Have a good weekend all.

Hope you are all feeling better soon. Nothing worse than having poorly smalls to look after when you are feeling dreadful yourselves.

Do you use a matched betting service? The one I was using has merged with one of the big companies and it is quite a bit more expensive. I'm not confident to do it without help but don't feel I can justify the increased charges.

So as not to discuss this further on the thread would you pm me please
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    £10 amazon voucher from swagbucks

£1 from InstaGC

$2 from slidejoy (£1.40) Think I am going to delete this from phone as I am constantly needing extra space to upgrade certain apps and it doesnt really make much.

£6.50 tips.

Total £18.90
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Anyways, we've been busy car hunting and have bought a new-to-us car, which will be far better for our impending move to Spain.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and try to miss the rain
    Lx

Happy New Car, Lynne:beer: (not that I'm advocating drink-driving of course;))

I know you told us ages ago about your interview for the new job and then about getting it. Congratulations:beer:. My brain has been all over the place lately and I can't remember if you mentioned when you are to start:o. It must be a really exciting time for you and DH and it will be lovely for you to be nearer your DS:j. Is it a permanent move or is the job seasonal? I hope we won't be losing you from the thread for good:(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Did you get this sorted CBC? I work in IT and have to do this everytime we prep a new Windows 10 machine (well not quite, but won't bore you with the details).

Any way, I have a Windows Powershell script that will do the trick. Please send me a PM if you still need help and I'll be happy to talk you through it, it's really easy, honest.

Thanks, Mike, that's really kind of you:A. Much appreciated:beer:

The short answer is 'no'. I didn't get it sorted and just left it for now:o. I'm not very techie (I think that's obvious:rotfl:), I'm a bit long in the tooth and the only experience of anything computer related is what I've picked up by owning a PC. When I was still working the internet hadn't even been invented:eek: and PCs were very rare. I never used a computer at work. Not really an excuse and I try to keep up but I do get flummoxed when tech things go wrong.

I've a lot of personal stuff to deal with this next few days and won't be online much but I'll very gratefully take you up on your generous offer of help in a few days time. I'll PM you then. Thanks again:beer:
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you get this sorted CBC? I work in IT and have to do this everytime we prep a new Windows 10 machine (well not quite, but won't bore you with the details).

Any way, I have a Windows Powershell script that will do the trick. Please send me a PM if you still need help and I'll be happy to talk you through it, it's really easy, honest.

Fabulous. CBC definitely give Mike a pm. His solution will work for you

:j :j
  • Aesop
    Options
    £10 amazon voucher from swagbucks

£1 from InstaGC

$2 from slidejoy (£1.40) Think I am going to delete this from phone as I am constantly needing extra space to upgrade certain apps and it doesnt really make much.

£6.50 tips.

Total £18.90

I am uninstalling in Feb too. Its a pain trying to swipe the right way to get into my phone when I need to.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Hello lovely people.
    Had a brainwave today and managed to call Virgin as my i realised that my contract finished ages ago! Well they have reduced my monthly bill by £6 a month and doubled my internet speed so I’m well pleased with that! Tried talking with o2 today as we currently have 5 contracts with them costing over £150 a month! The online chat was useless so maybe I’ll call them tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Been with them for over ten years but it’s just become unmanageable now due to getting upgrades (my own fault I know).

Anyway earnings today

Qmee - 15p
    On device research - 1.09
    Crowdology - £4.55
    OnePulse - £3.52

Total - £9.31 :)

I saw yesterday there is a new sim that piggyback off ee. £10 a month, 5gb data, unlimited texts and Internet. Cracking deal!!!

If you are still struggling to get through to 02, drop ceo an email and ask someone to call you. Works everytime
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure