~Make upto £10 a day challenge January 2018~

Options

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations on winning it. If it’s not going to be used then by all means turn it into cash. I’m wondering if it’s a prize item I spotted a Faceb@@@ discussion about earlier? I would sell it too, as I already have one, and need money more than a spare. Don’t be embarrassed at all.

Thanks. Gosh, I hope it wasn't me or my win being talked about :(

Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Thanks. Gosh, I hope it wasn't me or my win being talked about :(

Don't worry about it. Do what is best for you. People always talk. Tomorrow it will be something else.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Hi guys, sorry to hear that so many of you are struggling at the moment.
    My kids came home with a letter each today about an upcoming France trip. £400 each for 3 days. Plus they will need passports (which none of us have) and spending money so I am really going to have to up my efforts! Does anyone have any bright ideas ?

Slow money day today
    £2.18 from curious cat
    13p from citizen me

My son came home with a letter. 5 day trip £400. Limited to 65 spaces, doing everything he does at scout camp for a fraction of the cost.

I told my DS no. I pay enough for scouts, trips, etc. He will have school trips in high school too. A junior school trip is not important. Plus I don't trust this school.
  • Aesop
    Options
    CBC a nice email to ceo of argos explaining your predicament is in order.

Yodel wouldn't take it back because he won't get paid as looks like non delivery and also if item goes missing he gets blame.

Hope you are going through cashback sites when ordering.

Hope you get delivery nice and secure on time tomorrow.

As for other delivery, shocking. Ceo needs email about that too.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Kantakarus mare, think a few choice emails to ceos for you too.

Hope you get pension details.
  • 2018saver
    Options
    £10 profit from 2 eBay sales today.
    580/310
  • Aesop
    Options
    Hi all, glad to see you all doing so well. I have been hibernating due to bronchitis and migraines so haven’t been very busy! Managed a bit and found 11p roadkill, junk sales £360, quidco £3.25 cashback and £40 gifted.

I have reached my monthly target but must push on due to a huge car bill!

Had a flat tyre, bought two new tyres, satnav / car computer died so there is a failure on most the cars systems now, hubby crashed his commuter push bike and needs £200 repairs so he can actually get to work, ds2 has a School camp coming up (£110!! for two nights???) and to top my bad week off my boiler died ( that I only bought two years ago for £6k and it’s JUST out of warranty) grr and grr to it all... I have woken in a storm of rubbish... now I am wishing my migraine to go and watching the wind batter the fences and greenhouse with a silent fear that any damage is beyond my means to repair!

Time to eBay everything that’s not bolted down eek...
    bad luck doesn’t last forever right?

Fingers crossed I can get a stroke of good luck running instead.
    Any ideas?

Good luck everyone else with the final week of January’s money making x

Sorry to hear about all that has happened. Does your school have a fund to help with trip. Forget what it is called.

Re boiler, contact manufacturer. Maybe a common fault or something that falls under manufacturer guarantee?
  • Aesop
    Options
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Just a little update, hugs to all that need or want them

Facebook sale £380 (won a prize and hubby decided he wouldn't use it so we sold it) - feeling embarrassed by this :o

Well done on your win

These days we all have to do what is best for us. If you aren't going to use the item, whoever bought it will. Win win. :j
  • Aesop
    Options
    Sorry, QueenJess, no time to read and respond to your last post but welcome back anyway:beer:

Am just popping in to send out an SOS to Aesop (our tech expert:A) or anyone else who can help me please. Am going demented as can't find a way round the problem:o

Was prompted to install a massive update for Windows 10. I had to leave it running as it took hours, literally. Then I got a message to say (after the download etc) that it couldn't install because I haven't enough disk space left.

I deleted everything I felt it was safe to do but still not enough space. I haven't a portable hard drive or memory stick in the house, will probably have to go out first thing and buy one but was hoping I could fix it tonight.

The problem is how do I delete/uninstall the default apps that came on my laptop with Windows 10? I never use them (the Groove Music, film download stuff etc etc. Just can't find any way to get rid of them. Microsoft Support is no help and I don't want to have to contact them directly if I can help it.

I hope someone else has a way to solve this. I'm getting desperate as my battery needs charging up and I haven't an electrical socket available.

Thanks everyone, I know what stars you all are and someone is sure to know what I can do xx

So sorry I haven't been around. Life is a bit full on for various reasons, as I know yours is.

You may have a lot of cache files and downloads that you aren't aware of. To get rid of cache files, I use cc cleaner and delete cache using that.

It also cleans our your temp files.

Then you need to go into your download folder and delete everything you don't need.

Then once done a that. Goto recycle bin and delete everything from there.

Re the unwanted apps. I will have to check as you may not be able to uninstall.
    I will come back to you I promise on those.

I haven't heard anything about a win 10 download. Is it an update?
  • Aesop
    Options
    How do I register for pinecones? Sounds like a good one x

There's a link in third or fourth post. You have to fill in form and if you get directed to opinion outpost then your profile is not what they are looking for at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure