Renovations and Repayments II: New Year, New Start, New Diary.

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• PositiveBalance
    Options
    Hi Alex,

Are you all OK? I know you are busy, but you haven't updated in quite some time.

Best wishes.

PB
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Sometimes people's lives change. Alex has not been on the forum since August last year. If he returns, I am sure he will post but maybe he does not need to account for his troubles in the way he used to on here. Not sure prodding and poking (IYSWIM) is the right way to get a response. His thread, his choice really.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • milocat
    milocat Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Alex,

I know I may be breaking forum etiquette by reviving a "dead-thread" but I just wanted to leave you a note in case you ever see this. Over the last 3 weeks at work, I have read the entirety of your diaries. Yes, all of them. I have been sat at my desk in utter disbelief, I have laughed and wanted to cry, and questioned a lot of my own assumptions and ideas surrounding my inheritance and my money and my parenting. Watching you grow, even virtually, has been an absolute pleasure and I want to thank you for changing my own perspectives on so many things. You are an excellent father, and I imagine a very good friend.

I don't want you to feel that you ever need to come back and update us, I just wanted to let you know that you have changed my life in some small way, and I appreciate it greatly. I hope all is well with you, MrsK, LittleK and your respective parents. Do take care of yourself.
    Laura 20.08.14 ♡ Ivy 05.07.13
    "...within me there lay an invincible summer."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family