2018 - RULE OF 3 Decluttering challenge

Options

Comments

• haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Well I'm still going and loving it lol. Have listed quite a few of my Disney items on Facebook selling groups and Ebay.

More items into the Charity bags, and more in the bin.

We started taking our Christmas decorations down today and have added some of them to the Charity bag also. Everything else that wasn't taken down today (tree etc) will remain up until Saturday but don't think there's much else to be donated.

Sounds like you have been very busy. Fingers crossed for lots of sales soon. Are you sorting randomly or by room? I cant quite decide on a method :rotfl:
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • Princess_Money_Penny
    Options
    I'm sorting randomly at the moment but I've chucked out the item for today! It was a broken guitar so of no use to anyone. Will update my sig :) what fun
    Sealed pot challenge 2019 = #82
    Jan 2019 Grocery Challenge = £0/£260
    Declutter 2019 items in 2019! = 0/2019
    Frugal living challenge 2019 =
  • A_Random_Man
    A_Random_Man Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    haybel19 wrote: »
    It all adds up- and its two birds and one stone. :j

Ive found dvds and ps4 games to be selling very well over the last few days not huge amount or anything but selling very quickly. That reminds me I have made more and added it to my signature.

Was so motivated by the prompt sales that I am inspired to find more dvds/games. Hope yours sell quickly too.

Thanks hopefully they do had a couple of issues with non-paying bidders recently so hopefully that won't come up again. Speaking of dvd's that sell quickly i put season one of doctor who up a couple of weeks ago and got £10 for it i was very surprised, i guess if people want it they will pay for it

EF - £1025/£2000 (51.25%)
    Debt Remaining: £0.00 - Debt Free
  • IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    haybel19 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have been very busy. Fingers crossed for lots of sales soon. Are you sorting randomly or by room? I cant quite decide on a method :rotfl:

Randomly lol. I did start in my bedroom, but have found myself getting rid of stuff as I walk through the house:rotfl: I haven't touched the attic yet, but will do that when the tree comes down on Saturday lol.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well I've made a good start decluttered cupboard and freezer with food to my nephews which hlps my sister .Personally decluttered gin and shortbread will be told off at s/w on Thursday .I'm going to take books to work tomorrow so that will be my three for tomorrow finding this challenge delightful off to start ebay /gumtree for DD fundraiser .
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    elly68 wrote: »
    Personally decluttered gin and shortbread will be told off at s/w on Thursday .
    Funny :rotfl::rotfl:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Two books and a decorative tin (I had to search for these, slightly worried about finding 3 things a day for the rest of the year!)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was a bit busy today so nothing major but:
    took down the Christmas tree and disposed of some broken decorations and some that I didn't really like. I think I was keeping them for sentimental reasons.
    Binned some more half empty bottles of toiletries
    Defrosted the small freezer and binned some things that had been there for years. I hate waste of food but, honestly, it was never going to be used.
    I really like the idea of decluttering gin!
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Have had another few eBay sales - had a nice pile to take to the post office today- was a lovely feeling to get some things gone.

Have decided to see if I cant declutter our sideboard for the remainder of this week (as well as any random bits I find throughout the house). Just thought it would be nice to get one area done. So that's 3 drawers and 3 cupboards. Its mainly toys in there but decluttering will help to make space for all the new Christmas toys... and make it easier to find things.

Have just done one drawer and found a set of alphabet stamps we don't use- just listing them now.

I best crack on and do the other drawers after as that's only one item!
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • Princess_Money_Penny
    Options
    Well done everyone I'm very impressed with the amount of stuff your all getting rid of. I may have to up my game!

I took all of the xmas toy packaging to the dump today and returned an unwanted curtain to Argos. So that's two things today :) I also listed lots of stuff on facebook. No bites but will have to give it a time limit to how long i'm going to keep it before it sells or ends up in the charity shop
    Sealed pot challenge 2019 = #82
    Jan 2019 Grocery Challenge = £0/£260
    Declutter 2019 items in 2019! = 0/2019
    Frugal living challenge 2019 =
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business