2018 - RULE OF 3 Decluttering challenge

Options

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    One bag of various bottles in the recycling bin ,a small start but a start.
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Bookaholic wrote: »
    I’m done for today I think...I’m shattered. On top of the cookbooks, we’ve decluttered lots of things from the back of the kitchen cupboards! Nothing I’ve counted but half a binful of stuff!

Wow well done. No wonder you are tired - you should put your feet up for the rest of the evening- maybe a nice glass of wine of a bubble bath

Have found a few more bits for the charity bag ive started. Will take it tomorrow- even a carrier bag full of stuff for the charity shop is worth taking and is out of the house... if I wait till its a big lot it will be cluttering the house an driving me mad in the meantime.
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • A_Random_Man
    A_Random_Man Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I have listed a couple of my dvd boxsets on eBay don't expect to get much for them but at least i will slowly will get rid of the amount of stuff i have

EF - £1025/£2000 (51.25%)
    Debt Remaining: £0.00 - Debt Free
  • haybel19
    Options
    try_harder wrote: »
    One bag of various bottles in the recycling bin ,a small start but a start.

It all counts - well done :j

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    de-cluttered 3 items today.
    Todays de-clutter was totally random it didn't take long to find three items. I think I will carry on with the random approach until I stop finding things randomly then start to go room by room.

I have put a box in the boot of the car for charity shop items so the stuff gets removed from the house. Once the box is full I will drop it off.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    For those listing on ebay are you counting the items when it gets listed or when it is sold and posted?

For my challenge I was only going to count items once they have left the house, but then that doesn't encourage me to ebay so I might count them when listed.
  • haybel19
    Options
    de-cluttered 3 items today.
    Todays de-clutter was totally random it didn't take long to find three items. I think I will carry on with the random approach until I stop finding things randomly then start to go room by room.

I have put a box in the boot of the car for charity shop items so the stuff gets removed from the house. Once the box is full I will drop it off.

That's a fab idea re the box in the boot- think I am going to do the same.

Think your theory on doing ramdom until its hard to find then room to room is a good one too- I seem to keep changing my strategy- I think I need to find one and stick to it.

• haybel19
    Options
    I have listed a couple of my dvd boxsets on eBay don't expect to get much for them but at least i will slowly will get rid of the amount of stuff i have

It all adds up- and its two birds and one stone. :j

Ive found dvds and ps4 games to be selling very well over the last few days not huge amount or anything but selling very quickly. That reminds me I have made more and added it to my signature.

Was so motivated by the prompt sales that I am inspired to find more dvds/games. Hope yours sell quickly too.

• IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I'm still going and loving it lol. Have listed quite a few of my Disney items on Facebook selling groups and Ebay.

More items into the Charity bags, and more in the bin.

We started taking our Christmas decorations down today and have added some of them to the Charity bag also. Everything else that wasn't taken down today (tree etc) will remain up until Saturday but don't think there's much else to be donated.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • haybel19
    Options
    For those listing on ebay are you counting the items when it gets listed or when it is sold and posted?

For my challenge I was only going to count items once they have left the house, but then that doesn't encourage me to ebay so I might count them when listed.

I am counting them when listed/sorted - rather than sold as I find that more motivating plus if I have decided they are going whether they sell or not they are leaving the house one way or another. I am also trying to be strict in that once sorted they remain only for so long rather than just keep relisting.

I think whatever works in terms of when or how to count it.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business