2018 - RULE OF 3 Decluttering challenge

Options

Comments

• Princess_Money_Penny
    Options
    Only one item today :) an ugly Christmas decoration. I have a day at home tomorrow so will have a good go at finding stuff for the charity bag! The cs game me a bag to collect donations in which is now positioned at the front door to be filled as and when so I've not no excuse now!
    Sealed pot challenge 2019 = #82
    Jan 2019 Grocery Challenge = £0/£260
    Declutter 2019 items in 2019! = 0/2019
    Frugal living challenge 2019 =
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2018 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Morning,

Home with kids today. Just by glancing into the kitchen i can see three. Will report back later.

Have a good day

Edit. Sorted through my cook books and tesco/asda recipe magazines. Tore out the ones i had marked and got rid of a big stack.

Spices and condiments done, three each out (one from 2011)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A bit of a quiet day today but a couple of things binned from bathroom and I have sneaked a couple of things out of the freezer. Got to do this a bit at a time so he does't notice.
    Thrifty Lass - I really need to look at the enormous amount of cookery books I have. I think I have a neighbour who might appreciate some of them.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also got rid of 6 items of DD's clothing. Think that's me caught up from the late start to this challenge :)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have been trying to find something each day although I have missed a couple of days. I think I am going to make it part of the morning routine, if I make it a habit to clear something first thing in the morning then hopefully it won't take long until it becomes a habit and sets me up well for the day ahead.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Princess_Money_Penny
    Options
    Got rid of four today! A bib that's past it's best, a May for the bottom of the sink, an old telephone and I can't remember the 4th!!! Will go through a few draws tonight to see if I turn up anything else!
    Sealed pot challenge 2019 = #82
    Jan 2019 Grocery Challenge = £0/£260
    Declutter 2019 items in 2019! = 0/2019
    Frugal living challenge 2019 =
  • Bookaholic
    Options
    Not decluttered much over the past couple of days due to being back at work. I’ll make up for it this weekend though. Tonight I’m going to declutter a box of chocolate (there’s only about 6 left and I will share with OH - promise!) Also going to declutter a couple of magazines while watching a film tonight :)
    Money saved for Christmas 2018 £6/£500
    No more Buying Books challenge - read 2 books 2017-18
    January NSDs - 3/15
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    LuckyPenny wrote: »
    Hi all
    I'm busy listing unwanted Christmas gifts and I sorted through a box of Christmas decorations and through most away and a few to charity.
    Sorted through my airing cupboard and donated a bedding set to charity.

Question for you: how long to you relist sale items on eBay, Facebook etc before you give up?

My sights are on my wardrobe at the weekend. Hoping to bin, charity or sell anything I haven't worn in the last 12 months.

LPx

I have started a two week rule with eBay if it doesn't sell within the time then its going to charity shop
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I have been through the several drawers of play doh and tools- getting rids of all hard/dry play doh tubs, making a pile of tools we have several of for the charity shop and finding a little set we never use to put on Facebook.

Finally half way through side board- hopefully finish tomorrow.
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • Moneyx3
    Moneyx3 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    2 pan lid racks and a surplus storage tin put to one side for charity shop. Live too far out of town to drop off daily so will do on a weekly basis.
    £1k emergency fund £30
    Weight loss challenge 3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family