PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th December 2017

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Big fail today; still completely done in after 4 hours at Bletchley Park yesterday.
    Mr LW wants to go and see the new Star Wars film tomorrow, too. :(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Madam Wolf... yu behave or you're finding yourself in the doghouse!!! .. You did not fail at all... you spent all day long recovering and that is super-tiring xx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Secret Santa parcel arrived today. Thank you x

Camhs went well DS2 actually spoke. We are to go again in the new year.
    Parents evening this evening. I think I may have gone for the wrong child as it was so good. We have asked for confirmation of what exams he is being entered for, as the teachers don’t seem to know what the plan was. He was supposed to take some this year and some next as he spent a year in a room on his own so missed some work. They are also going to try independent travel training. He has never been out alone. I’m trying to be positive (I think they are crazy).

Basics achieved
    Popped to 4 sm looking for a soft toy branded dog. I found many but not those on my friends daughter’s list. I gave up and have bought a voucher.
    I have 2 presents left to buy. I can’t find anything for dance pops. He has everything he needs and doesn’t need clothes or clutter. I thought of paint by numbers but am not sure his hand is steady enough.

Popped in to the city shops then went to visit my aunt.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had meeting with manager about 2 difficult assessments I've done recently; she fully agreed with my conclusions so that feels a lot better, just got to finish writing them up.
    Did another assessment.
    Checked and emailed a report.
    Went to dance club.
    Went to Mr A for a couple of things, mainly flowers so I can do an arrangement tomorrow eve and put it in the church on Friday.
    A few assorted bits of clearing up, but I'm not laying claim to much.
    Mr N did a load of washing, wrapped and froze the Christmas puddings, went to PO, visited his mum and did other flying I've been too busy to notice or comment on.
    Last assessment of the year tomorrow, yippee. Plus a student for 1:1. Plus a coffee with an admin friend.

Last thing of the evening is to do a bit more of the urgent report I assessed on Monday.
    Sleep well all. I dreamed of rats last night, having seen one scampering in the snow to the bird table on Monday.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all :)

Can someone please explain to me where time is racing to?! This week has been ridiculously busy. Have a day at home today, so can finally crack on with my to do list & get a bit more on top of things. First job is to stick a wash on & unload DW. Looks like it will be a soggy school run, we are forecast rain all day.

Will report back later, have lovely mornings all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok this morning.

I'm up early as supposed to be an earlier start at the paid stuff and Xmas do today, but I've come back home as the roads haven't been gritted and I was skidding everywhere. I now have a couple of hours before the paid stuff so will take a look at the list.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Glad the Camhs meeting went well Dancemum x
    LW you are to remain resting today until you feel better and that's an order!
    Bird tables and rats go hand-in-hand sadly don't they Narc0. I like the little furries personally 😊

Herod performed splendidly (as did the whole of his class - the Nativity play was a triumph #proudmum) and was duly boo'd off the stage at the end, which he grinned and bowed at. I forgot the Haribo bribes for Tiny so the audience was treated to a loud rendition of Old MacDonald had a farm mid-way through, which was funny and embarrassing at the same time and we returned home as heavy snow started falling again. A perfect end to a festive day!

DH is off with man-flu today, so I'll have to fly round him, but got painting in the house to do, so might just leave him to [STRIKE]die[/STRIKE] sleep for a few hours.

Hugs to all xxx
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning

First and most importantly, LW, you certainly did nothing to justify the F word. It is just as important to relax and recover so that you can enjoy the next outing. Maybe Mr LW can be persuaded to go to the cinema tomorrow instead?

Dizzy - just a thought but next year could you run a Flylady bus to your nativities?! :rotfl: I'll put my name down for sure.

I was sorely tempted to use the F word about this week so far as well, but I am resisting. But the week is just disappearing from me. Yesterday I managed to do some semblance of cleaning downstairs, empty various bins, s&s bathroom, and mop the kitchen and bathroom floors before getting haircut and doing a horrendous grocery shop. I was glad to get back. We had a call re DD's recent hospital visit last night. Some good, some concerning, so trying to get my head round that. I have to put it out of my mind until we actually go to see the consultant in January.

So today I want to
    Actually clean the shower, as I dodged that yesterday
    Do some admin for volunteering job to tidy that up before the end of the year
    Pay a couple of bills
    Sort out the freezer to freeze the Christmas bits that I bought yesterday, including a bargain whole salmon!
    Finsh wrapping presents, start wrapoing DD's presents.
    Put up some decorations so that the boxes can be put back in the loft

Oh yes - go to job 2! It will be my last day there for this term, due to the way the holidays have fallen. So it will either be a breeze or a nightmare. I am thinking the latter.

Ok, better do something before I have to leave. Back later. X
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    First and most importantly, LW, you certainly did nothing to justify the F word. It is just as important to relax and recover so that you can enjoy the next outing. Maybe Mr LW can be persuaded to go to the cinema tomorrow instead?
    If we have to go at all, I'd sooner go today and get it over with, to be honest. I have Ronnie arriving for his 20-day stay on Saturday afternoon, and I want to be reasonably alert to welcome him.:o At least Mr LW has agreed to go to the afternoon showing, which is better for me than evening. I just wish he'd go on his own, I could get on with stuff here then, but no, he wants me to go with him. :cool:

I have some hand-made place mats that need a wash; they have to be done by hand, otherwise the padded bit in the middle goes all scrunched up and takes ages to winkle back into place. If I can get those done at least, it'll be a good thing.

Annoyingly, I have severe pain in my left hand; starting in the thumb and going right down into the arm. It's making it impossible to - for instance - pick up a glass of water with that hand. It's a darned nuisance, as it's my dominant hand.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,672 Forumite
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Good morning ladies!
    Bird tables and rats go hand-in-hand sadly don't they Narc0. I like the little furries personally 😊

I like them - inside as pets, or outside. But not in the house wildly chewing on anything and everything! So he's welcome to scamper round the bird table and under the deck, as long as he doesn't come inside!
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure