PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th December 2017

Options

Comments

• roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone :wave:

That's me done with the paid stuff until 27th Dec. :j:T Picked up a chippy tea on the way home from work last night to 'start' the holiday; DS finished off my chips and I'm still not hungry this morning (who am I and where is Roundtuit? ... - oh, just remembered, I went out for lunch with my work friends and had a rather large panini : phew! thought I was sickening for something there for a minute :o)

So just a cup of tea for me this morning :) First morning of the hols and I'm up, dressed, birds have been fed and rubbish is in the bin. I can always tell when I've got my 'flylady' head on :D

House is a complete tip, but I'm on top of Christmas :xmassmile My calendar grid worked well for me, I'll do that again! I remember getting really stressed in the run up to Christmas last year so I asked for this coming week off and said I was happy to work between Christmas and New Year (which no-one else wants to do, and I genuinely don't mind doing. You may have to remind me that I said that on the morning of the 27th though :o )

So I have time to finish preparing Christmas: mostly wrapping to be done and visiting friends to drop off presents in a leisurely manner. Rather than the Christmas Eve marathon of previous years! Sorry if I sound smug - it's the first year in ages that I haven't been stood on my head and :eek: at this stage in the month.

And, like I said, the house is a tip: but I'm armoured with my flylady psychological weapons and chez Roundtuit will be less of a tip by Christmas Eve. Not a picture perfect show house, just less of a tip - enough that I don't _pale_ if we have unexpected visitors. (Are there any other sort?)

Going to have a MAD x 15 minutes now. May it be the first of many this week.

Keep warm lovely ladies. Go steady if you're braving the roads. Icy here.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well that’s the main job finished for the year. I need to mark some assessments and tabulate the results.
    I am in work on Monday for job 2 though.
    I’m also booked to go and give a friend a hand on Thursday, her husband is ill and she’s struggling, she also has her special needs adult daughter living there.
    We went for drinks last night after work, colleagues taxi never showed so I drove her home so that was a circuitous route which took me t’other side of the M1.
    Lots to do today, need to start with Ben bun, his hutch needs fettling.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Enjoy your week off Roundtuit. Hugs to anyone who needs them.
    Fayolle, I've never seen The Grinch, maybe I should try to find it on a channel tomorrow. BTW Primarni are selling Grinch duvet covers.

So far today I have wrapped some Christmas presents, just two more to buy, written one card and got parcel ready to post for niece's bday.

I need to get dressed, walk the dogs and then I'm going for an afternoon out with DD during which we have hair appts.

Flying - what's that?!! hehe

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • roundtuit
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    Enjoy your week off Roundtuit.

Thank you Jazee :)

My MAD x 15 minutes turned in to 30 minutes :T recycling bins have been well fed with cans, plastic and cardboard including 3 boxes torn down to smaller pieces. ( Anyone else find that strangely satisfying? Or is it a Roundtuitism?)

WM was going to be loaded but :eek: there was washing in there!!! I obviously put on a wash mid-week (I do try to be organised :) ) and completely forgot about it :o So I'm washing that load again as it's been sat mouldering for a few days at least, and I've sorted the rest of the laundry pile in to 'loads', including a lovely shirt purchased by DS, which I suspect was quite expensive and which 'recommends' it be dry-cleaned. Dare I? _pale_

Books set aside for CS have been put into a bag and labelled with my Donor details: saves time at the shop:D

First :o bowl of pots is soaking - and I've just spotted another box for demolition. So I'm going to set the timer for another MAD x 15 minutes.

Back soon

Rxx
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Options
    Well done for getting yourself so organised, Rountuit.
    Sorry you're having such a testing time Jojo.
    (((Hugs))) and cheers for all working mums in particular, and extra spoons to everyone who's finding making everyone else's Christmas special just a tad stressful.

I managed to reduce the three inch stack of files down to half an inch, which I'll hopefully knock on the head today. There's nothing wildly complicated in there, mainly a few letters and cards to write. If I make it through to the bottom of the in tray that'll be the first time it's been cleared since the end of the first year of my first degree, so about 15 or 16 years ago. I've tried several times since and never quite made it. I'm amazed at how different things are this time.

Then I'll go back to sorting drawers and cupboards - I've only done the first file in the second drawer of the filing cabinet, so I've got a mounting pile of stuff that needs filing in it and I won't do it until all the files have been filleted.

OH wants to put the tree and cards up today, so when he's recovered from his monstrous hangover we'll be doing that. He rather enjoyed his outing yesterday!
    Better is good enough.
  • roundtuit
    Options
    Me again :D

MAD x 15 minutes turned in to MAD x 30 minutes again :T

I WUDUPA the bowl of pots, and reloaded the bowl ( but not put to soak as I am taking a break); took 1st load out of WM and set 2nd load swirling; demolished box and recycled; recycled dead roses in to brown bin and swished vase and sink - they need doing properly but it's a start. All done whilst merrily singing along to a cassette tape of carols and hymns -that was probably still in there from last Christmas ... it creaked a bit 'til it got going :D (So did I :rotfl: )

For the record: next door is for sale and empty :wink: and DS (if he woke up at all) would be overjoyed to hear me singing after this year's long episode of depression and anxiety. :D.

Right - 30 minutes with a coffee and Christmas TV guide for me... so I can see how many good things I'll miss between Christmas and New Year. Hmm might treat myself to a TV guide for this week and factor in a few Christmas films as rewards between flying.

Rx
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,914 Forumite
    Options
    Wow roundtuit, I am in awe! But I know what you mean about having your Flylady "head" on.

So far this morning I have done wmx2, emptied dw and removed the pile of ironing. I also sneakily finished my book so that will be off to the cs next week.

I ought to be finishing writing the cards, but instead I am ironing bits of ribbon from my stash (yes, that's right - ironing it!), so that I can hang up some decorations like a picture I vaguely remember seeing a zillion years ago in a magazine. Obviously I no longer have said picture, so who knows how this will turn out. Given that I just did an outdoor decoration (using some old lanterns and a wreath that I found in the many boxes that call themselves Christmas), and DH has just come in holding them, saying that someone had left some decorations outside our door, success may be out of my reach! In my head I am creative.....in reality obviously not so!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,943 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, everyone seems to be on a mission this morning.

DD is going to be arriving later than planned so I have started on getting all the washing up to date, have walked the dogs and posted the card, put all recycling out and cleaned the bins, WUDUPA and pooper scooped the garden. Also, meal planned for the week (sorted the fridge) and texted the shopping list to DH.

Next I'm going to whizz the hoover round the house. As long as no one looks too closely it will be alright.....
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    house is still a tip, mum's been so we have nattered so I have just had my breakfast, as I was in the middle of de-grotting the hutch when she turned up.
    Hair appointment FINALLY booked.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • roundtuit
    edited 16 December 2017 at 1:17PM
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Well done for getting yourself so organised, Rountuit.

I've tried several times since and never quite made it. I'm amazed at how different things are this time.

Thank you xx and well done to you too :-)
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Wow roundtuit, I am in awe! But I know what you mean about having your Flylady "head" on.

I also sneakily finished my book so that will be off to the cs next week.

In my head I am creative.....in reality obviously not so!

Thank you xx

I'm convinced you and I must be related somehow :rotfl:

Just popped to the C00p to buy the tv guide for this coming week. So we are having a C00p lunch - sarnie, crisps and custard tart. Well seemed daft to just go for a tv guide :o And I did buy bananas and bread buns too. (Fried egg sarnies are on the menu somewhere this weekend :D)

Just emptied WM of its third load - no-where else to put wet washing now, so I'll stop 'til some is dry.

Rxx
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts